How long has this been going on!?

by Julia Orwell 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ok, I've suddenly got heaps of time for stuff, I can cuddle with my husband on weekend mornings, and I don't have to spend money on meeting clothes! I've got all these great clothes I hardly wear! We can make pancakes on Saturday mornings! We're buying petrol less frequently! We can chill with a wine on Tuesday nights after work! I can have lunch with my mum this weekend for Mothers' Day! I can wish kids a happy birthday! My husband can grow a beard!

How long has life been like this!? Is this the way things really are? I feel like I've been reborn.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hence the term of being ''born again'' lol.

Oh julia I am so happy for you. and you know what, you aint seen nothing yet, it just keeps getting better.

Think about when and where your gonna go on holiday with and hubby !

much love

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

LOL yes, it's on the cards! Funny, now I'm out of the WT, my waking thoughts are no longer consumed with holidays. Escape was all I could think of, and it manifested as constant holiday planning. Now I'm happy and less stressed, and I no longer feel like I'll just DIE without a holiday! Haven't been away since Sept 2012. Usually I go nuts if I don't go away every 4 months or so. Ah, no pressure...

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Enjoy Julia.

Its been 15 years for me and I still feel the same.

"I wanna live before I die
    Don't want the world to pass me by
    I wanna live, I wanna live before I die"

TESLA - I WANNA LIVE LYRICS

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

*Like*

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I know the feeling. I look forward to the weekends for the first time in my life. I sleep in, play with kids, maybe get out and do something. And the best part is...... no guilt. I use to dread Saturday morning witnessing. What a waste of life being a JW is.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Weekends are great. Sundays now mean real quality time for the family.

I used dread Sunday. Service in the morning, come back study the WT, rush through a light lunch, go to the meeting, get home and prepare for work the next day.

• franticfran
    franticfran

Yes that was me too. I sold all the "meeting clothes" on ebay and bought stuff that I realy liked to wear,and we suddenly discovered weekends too,I swear my brain got BIGGER and I now get involved more in my community and the people dont have horns on top of their heads I dont know how we could have been so fooled for all those years. FREEDOM!!!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah Fran, it's interesting how your view of people changes for the better when you leave. Suddenly they're not enemies to be feared or 'others' different to us to be avoided, but just normal people.

• *lost*
    *lost*

do you find you laugh more

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit