How long has this been going on!?

by Julia Orwell 47 Replies latest jw friends

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

In addition to all the posts above, I love laughing at dirty jokes and dropping the occasional f-bomb. grin

• Emma
    Emma

Thanks for the wonderful reminder. I remember that feeling of freedom, colors were brighter, the sky opened up! Still appreciate the freedom from useless drudgery. I do volunteer, have wonderful friends, sleep in on the weekends if I want!!! In a way I feel sorry for the witnesses whenever I see them trudging door to door.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome to real life!

• finally awake
    finally awake

I agree Julia, planning vacations was the only thing that kept me going when I was a dub. Now that I'm free, I don't particulary care if I go anywhere. I can enjoy time off from work in my own home, sitting on the front porch drinking coffee in the morning and and messing around in the garden or the kitchen.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Emma,

Of 44 people commenting you are the only one who admits to doing volunteer work.

I must confess that I don't do any volunteer work but I continue to try and help friends, family and some casual acquaintances deal with religion induced problems.

I am sure others here also do volunteer work. They just don't feel like mentioning it. After all it's nice not to have to fill out report slips to answer to anyone about how much time they spend helping others.

And weekend sleeping is healthy. Even God rested, right?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

He sat back and saw good for his work. You don't get to do that as a Jw cuz there's so much pointlessness and no time to scratch yourself. Heaven knows how the dubs with kids do it.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Oh and the money I'm saving on petrol and not having to buy meeting clothes and shoes, I'm saving up. This is incredible. After so many years, I seem to be able to save money.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its good to not belong to a mind controlling religious cult.

Subjecting yourself to ignorance, fear, oppression and Psychological repression is never good for an individual or

for humanity .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit