New Video On Youtube About Shunning

by Watchtower-Free 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good new name and good video!

The policy is inhuman. Doesn't matter what a person was DF for...... contact with family members should be at the discretion of the family and those who consider themselves friends. Even murders and child molesters in prison get to talk with their family, are allowed visits and/or at least letters.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

It's amazing too how many other YouTubers and bloggers are posting about this now...WT Shunning is trending...I love it!

• BU2B
    BU2B

Excellent job! Hopefully this will warn any potential JW converts away

• flipper
    flipper

Very well done ! As a suggestion ( if I may dare ) would it be possible to submit this youtube to some mainstream media outlets for getting air time on network television during prime time air space for commercials ? I know it may be very costly but perhaps even in non-prime time somewhere so millions of people would see this and be made aware of it ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Really well done. Love the new name, makes a BIG difference. It just feels right.

tt

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Flipper - Getting media coverage of WT Shunning is one of the main efforts atm. The video was meant to reach the mainstream populace and press, to educate them about this destructive practice.

As for buying airtime, I have purchased air for clients before and the cost depends on the area but can be as little as $10 per 30 seconds on small cable channels and as much as tens of thousands on other venues so I doubt that will happen anytime soon. But who knows if people donate and the funds are there it would be great.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Dawkins Foundation posted it to their FB page today :)

• jws
    jws

Getting this on the air seems like a catch 22. You can go for cheap, but then you get what? The dozen or so people who watch public access channels seeing it?

You could gather up the funds to try to go more expensive, but most networks won't air just anything. And in general, how much anti-something messages do you see, except for political campaigns?

I've never seen anti mormon, anti catholic, anti muslim, anti any religion commercials on TV. I've gotta imagine the network doesn't want to take the heat for such an ad campaign where they may alienate members of their audience. If they think the public will receive it as a hate message, you may not get it aired by any but the low-budget (and smaller audience) stations.

You can certainly try though.

• Simon
    Simon

I think people are focusing on the wrong thing entirely.

Getting people to watch the video is ancillary to the main challenge which is to get people to care and take some action.

The video is designed to tug at peoples heart-strings and finishes with the noble claim that "this must be stopped".

What's missing though? Any notion of how it can be stopped and what someone who's just watched it can or is supposed to do.

You're competing for attention with a million and one other advertisers selling products and causes so yes, getting people to even notice your message is a challenge itself. But even if you do get people to view it, you are still competing with those other causes and while shunning is very important to the people who go through it, I don't think the world at large views it with equal importance as many of the other causes vying for their support.

Imagine that the video is played in the middle of the super-bowl. Would it achieve much? I'm not sure that it genuinely would. Focusing on getting people to watch it is not the challenge to focus on IMO.

Also, a new message only has so many chances before people start turning off with "I've seen this before" syndrome.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Simon I agree, at best it could stop some people from studying or getting baptised, it may get a few active JW's thinking about the policies and it could raise some awareness about the bullying tactics used, all good things but hardly enough to "bring the cult to its kness".

Saying that, it is a another biody of work in the public domain chipping away at the tower, and that's a good thing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit