Where do you consider the best place to live in the world

by His Excellency 60 Replies latest jw friends

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

For those of you who have travelled the world over, which country or city will you consider the place to live in the world

• ballistic
    ballistic

I haven't travelled the world over, but have definately reached the age where the world seems over populated, overly taxed and controlled by interferring governments, overly monopolised by huge corporations. Just give me a remote island somewhere.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Sydney is right up there, it's only negatives are no snow & so far away from everywhere.........oh and expensive & slow Internet compared to the rest of the world.

Sydney is so beautiful that it can literally take your breath away, it's amazing. I've lived here most of my life & I still am in awe.

Weather, food, beaches are all excellent. Good job market. Good health care. Clean. Friendly. Most of the things that make Sydney great are free, so, whilst some things are expensive, you can enjoy living here without much money at all.

• ballistic
    ballistic

But isn't that like a contradiction, good job market and everything expensive?

• sspo
    sspo

San Diego

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would love to retire in Honolulu. But it's expensive. I may settle for St. Thomas, USVI.

These are not necessarily the best places, but I will probably stay with the United States at retirement.

St. Thomas has hurricane season and gets humid. Hawaii has the possibility of tsunamis and the rare hurricane.

Everyplace has something wrong with it. You gotta pick according to your needs and taste. Some people would love a fishing village in Alaska or Colorada near the ski slopes. Tons of Americans choose the south to avoid rough winters.

• LV101
    LV101

San Diego, CA

• Glander
    Glander

considering:

climate

scenery

cost of living, housing

taxes

security

if you are a young parent - schools

if you are middle aged - cultural and recreational resourses

if you are retired - medical facilities

• blondie
    blondie

I'm probably a 7 in traveling. But wherever I go the place I want to be is with my hubby.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Blondie, that gets an "aw!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit