Where do you consider the best place to live in the world

by His Excellency 60 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Any place where I can share good-times with family and friends.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• barry
    barry

Gday Moshe, We can have high powered rifles here but the requirements are restrictive.

First you have to do a safety test and you have to have a secure rifle safe bolted to the wall.

It is then required to apply to join a club or you can get written permission from a land owner. Most land owners are only too happy to rid their propertys of wild pigs, roos, rabbits and deer. Common calibers are 308 winchester, 270, 223 ,22long rifle .

The government is opening up a lot of crown land to control much of the imported vermon and its not very hard to get a licence to shoot in those areas.

The regulations are just a pain in the butt

Their are plenty of target rangers here .

• bigmac
    bigmac

bradford

• d
    d

miam florida. The last time I went to Florida was in 2007 I really miss it.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

A "Best Place" should meet the following criteria:

Security > free from conflicts, war, terror - low probability on natural disasters (hurricanes, earthquakes) - I think San Francisco / California would be out of question - earthquakes... or Florida because of Hurricanes.

Weather > stable weather conditions - at least (this is dependent on each individual - some people love snow, some hate it, so discretionary)

Social aspects > friendly, satisfied people - I don't think Northern European countries count (lived in some of them), people there tend to be depressive and suicidal.

Schooling & Health care > easy to reach high quality standards - I've lived on some caribbean islands and believe me, having a bad tooth pain without dentists around is bad. Really bad (talking from experience).

Sooooo, the winner is:

...(won't tell here )

• mP
    mP

Blue

Goto school and look at a globe.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

San Diego

I have travelled alot, and I am sure there is an arguement for almost anywhere. I didn't grow up in San Diego, and I may even live in other places (I really think Buenos Aires is amazing and the people aren't as stuck up as you are told), but I always go back and live there.

Its just fantastic. Best of all worlds. Is there traffic? Yeah. But it isn't like LA. Is it touristy? Sometimes, but locals rule. Is there craft beer? Oh yeah baby.

And the 350 days fo sun a year mean you are getting plenty of vitamin D. Did I mention the people are generally nice, it is one of the most diverse cities in the country, and you are still close to the desert and the mountains as well as the beach?

Second largest city in Cali and it doesn't feel like it. Its a great place to live.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

With Pacoima coming in a close second of course....

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Afer ten years in Colorado, I am happy to be back in California. For all its problems, California is still a great place to live. The weather is fanstic, there is great natural beauty, and a lot fun things to do. For the last two years I have been living in the San Francisco bay area. I live in a small town east of SF. I am about 30 minutes from Downtown SF, the wine country, Sausalito, Berkeley and Walnut Creek, and only a little further away from the ocean. Lake Tahoe, the mountains, gold country, Carmel, Bug Sur, Yosemite, are only a few more hours away. It's a great foodie area, with fantastic restaurants and a wide variety of fresh, organic food available. Due to a wide variety of immigrants, there is great cultural diversity. The downsides are the cost of housing, very crowded freeways, and high crime in some areas. When I told people in Colorado I was moving to California, they thought I was crazy, "but it's so crowded and expensive". But the reality is that California is so vast, you could find areas that are very uncrowded and inexpensive. The Sacramento area, where I used to live is fairly inexpensive and has a lot to offer as well (very hot in the summer though)

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Wherever I happen to find myself, especially if it's out in the countryside!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit