Where do you consider the best place to live in the world

by His Excellency 60 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

I feel sorry for the Americans, who cant name a single place outside America or its territoties.

• biometrics
    biometrics

New Zealand

• ssn587
    ssn587

I've been to the Orient, Singapore, Thailand, india, iran, japan, australia, seychelles, kenya, ethiopia, but i think the best of all has 2b the Phlippines, vietnam and laos dont count.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Ballistic, good job market & more expensive?

I see what you are asking. What I mean is that, the job market is strong, and there seems to be less volatility here than in other parts of the world. So, you can be relatively sure of keeping your job in most cases. Salaries are fair (in the corporate area ). We also have more of a safety net with unemployment benefits.

Things are more expensive, like housing & food. But, our housing market is stable - not the big swings in value that could destroy you personally like in the US. Balancing out higher costs are the abundance of free things about Sydney, like the weather, beaches, parks, sports etc etc.

Our health system also means that you need never worry about being able to "afford" to be sick. This is a huge advantage. It's not a free system, we pay for it in taxes & a Medicare levy on gross taxable income.

But, if you need to go to hospital, the most expensive thing about it is often the parking!

It seems to me that our country (and others like NZ & Canada) provide more buffers from the worst extremes of what can happen to you, whilst still providing plenty of "freedom" , that's why I think we (au, NZ & can) provide the best places to live!

• jam
    jam

The TV show House Hunters International: The program

follow famlies from U.S and Canada as they travel to different

countries to rent or buy homes. Top of the list for me, Cayman

Islands and Hawaii, both expensive but beautiful homes.

The bottom, Cambodia. You can rent a four bedroom, three bath

rooms , 3000 sq. ft apartment for $300.00 a month.

• mP
    mP

Pickler, dont tell anyone, we dont want more people here.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

His Excellency,

How is Africa?

zed

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Dubrovnik in Croatia for best place & changi in Singapore for best city.

• karter
    karter

New Zealand.

Karter.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I haven't travelled the world over I've been to a couple of place and still so many more I'd like to go and visit. I would like to live in Paris for a little bit, I just loved it while I was there and I didn't get to do everything.

I would like to live in the country or a small town - that would be ideal. I may be youngish but I really do want the simpler, uncomplicated life.

Living is South Africa though - though I love my country, would be happy if I could get out of here. Crime, unemployment, very expensive, corrupt. Yet we have so much beauty - it's a shame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit