goodbye AAWA--good luck

by bigmac 203 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• still thinking
    still thinking

Do you guys really think WT is watching apostate forums? Do you think they particularly care what goes on here?

I couldn't care less if they are or are not watching forums....this place helps people REGARDLESS, it is a great source of information and support. They can do what the hell they like. They have no power here.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Yikes, up until now I had "no cards in this game", or so I thought. I recieved a personal email about the old aawa site that I had supposedly registered on....nope. Never did that. I did post in here about how I would support aawa but never registerd anything. The email went on to explain the new site and how I could re-register. This was quite bothersome to me..... my personal email?? This is not about facebook at all evidently. I never registerd to that facbook page either. I did go and look at it but that's it. There is nothing connecting any of my FB friends to any of these sites at all.

So, I understand a little more at why some people are so very bothered at the personal info being compromised. I don't have any reason for the old aawa site to have my personal email. Luckily this does me no harm, but it is alarming.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I wonder if they noted the emails before taking down the site or if one of your FB friends was the one that added you and therefore could use/see your email and gave it to them?

• Simon
    Simon

This is why collecting or harvesting information is a slippery slope. Coupled with poor processes and controls it's a slippery slope with pointy bits sticking out.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

They never learn, do they? Sometimes arrogance is worse than stupidity.

zed

• freebird2012
  • Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

the only way for any facebook contact to get your personal email is if it is included in the personal contact info on your facebook profile. Many people do not even realize that their cell phone numbers and emails have been placed in their info tab. If you have not set this info to private it can be seen by anyone looking at your FB page under "info"

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm not tech savvy freebird2012...what does that mean?

• nonjwspouse
  • freebird2012
    freebird2012

Hi still thinking. Open the links in your browser to review the reports. While the info is not a site killer, it does cause concern for secuity reasons. You don't want to be running outdated wordpress software, any webmaster knows this. IP 50.63.98.1 is in a server environment that may be compromised which is why aawa is listed in the exploits block list in the CBL. The 9 out of 10 security risk is partly because it is a recently appearing URL. Again, that's not my opinion, I'm just looking at the recent generated site reports. It's not like it's an emergency or something, but this stuff should be monitored and remedied by the webmaster or the one with that responsibilty. For example upgrade worpress asap and if necessary, move to a different hosting/server environment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit