HOT OFF THE PRESS: ZO talk in Japan

by WinstonSmith 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

Hi everyone,

This is literally hot off the press as in from about half an hour ago.

We have a friend from NZ (who is wavering and knows our situation) and he is on holiday in Japan at the moment. Today there was a Zone Overseer talk that he went to in Nagoya (southern Japan) and it has just finished up. Straight after the song and still in the stadium he emailed us the info below. Anthony Morris and Christopher Mavor were the speakers:

- A publication was released, well not really a publication, it is the book of Matthew. Not a book about Matthew, but the book of Matthew all on its own. It is called The New World Translation of the Gospel of Matthew and is 128 pages long. It is to be offered on its own in the door to door work because "the Japanese people need to read the bible more." There was a copy for everyone there, and they will be available through the congregations.

- The lack of increase recently in Japan has been a concern of the Governing Body. The numbers have dropped off over the last 10 years. The new release book has been specially provided for the needs of the Japanese brothers.

- Luke 10:16 was read and the follow up statement was "Jesus sent these ones out in the work and if the householder rejected them, they were in fact rejecting Jesus and Jehovah. The same is true today. When people at the doors reject us and the food from the Faithful and Discreet Slave, they are rejecting Jesus and Jehovah."

He shot the email off because it was the first time he had ever heard of one book of the bible being released. Also, as he has some doubts, he got a chuckle from the comparison made between rejecting Jesus and rejecting the FDS. He's heading out with some friends now so I'm hoping he'll give some more info when he gets back!

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Interessting. Thanks for the news.

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

That's odd, I wonder why just Matthew....

Very interesting tho, thank you for posting.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Wait a minute... imagine for a moment that some Japanese family HAD accepted the message of the WTB&TS ten years ago: look at all the "old light" they would have to unlearn just to keep up with the ever-changing menu on Jehovah's bounteous smorgasbord of fugu sashimi.

The Japanese are inscrutably efficient. The longer they put off having anything to do with the Watchtower, the fewer false teachings they will need to unlearn a week from now.

...and I think a LOT of Japanese are waiting eagerly for the Watchtower to promise them thhat in Paradise they will become WHITE.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Winston...Thank you for sharing your friends update, with us.

Nathan Natas...What have I missed? Japanese people told they will be white in "Paradise"? Was that a talk given in Japan? On a side note, I have seen Japanese people, whiter than me...and I am white. Your comment about fugu sashime , was funny.

Just Lois

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Shouldn't truth-seekers of every nation and tongue desire to be WHITE like the GB?

..and don't trouble me with Sam Herd; he's lighter now than he was last year.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

128 pages for the book of Matthew alone? No commentary? Hmmm ....

Eden

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

years and years ago, when the nwt was new, it came out a few books at a time. Maybe it's a new translation, eh?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

This is yet another bizarre and pointless campaign aimed at creating the impression that Jehovah is in control of his organization. Marketing 101. But, unlike the well-thought-out marketing campaigns of worldly corporations, this Matthew book campaign will prove to have little or no effect on the japanese people....

• Terry
    Terry

Nathan Natas opined: The longer they put off having anything to do with the Watchtower, the fewer false teachings they will need to unlearn a week from now.

Oh, Nathan is on a roll.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit