The Small Quiet Voice

by Satanus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

The `still small voice` a phrase taken from the king James version is really a psychic sense for lack of a better term, I think, which could well be from God depending on one’s viewpoint. When I was about 8 or 9 I had a dream watching a big TV screen like an internet screen, even though it didn’t exist back then, and on it was a program revealing the status of all religions and denomination in terms of a true or false status. Many screen shots kept appearing on the screen corresponding to different denominations and religions, each with a true or false option coming up and a voice saying true or false. Every screen so far was false in the dream. I was convinced that when the JW screen came up it would be true. Guess what though? It came up and was false and I still remember the shock I felt in the dream at such an outcome. All these years later, I still remember it and the fact I didn’t have the wisdom to listen to it at 8 or 9 years of age. Even at that age I felt the emotions in the dream and after, of what it was like to have a world view one is totally certain of disintegrate. I’m still of the view that the dream was not of my own subconscious but beamed in as it were from another source.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Seraphim

It could be your subconscious letting you know a truth, ie, all religions are false.

I believe that there are at least 2 kinds of dreams. There are the normal rem, brain unloading dreams, that we forget within a few hours. Then, there are the kind that actually mean something. Thanks for sharing yours.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I remember hearing a small quiet voice I heard back around 1987 that said to me that if armegeddon don't come by the year 2000 and I find find out this is all a lie I will turn on the Watchtower and become a enemy this voice I then forgot. It wasn't till late in the year 2000 that I really started taking a more fearless look to find out if this religion just a bunch of bullshit. By 2001 febuary I was nolonger a beleiver and soon recalled what that small quiet voice had said in my head.

The difficulty is determining when to listen to that voice as perhaps other archetypes in the psyche, that maybe just be old primitive instincts(archetypes) and not from the Self(deeply center organizing organizing principle).

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Satan,

I think it takes discernment to recognize this beneficial voice, we should be moderately cautious about following any suggestions from intuitions that are heard in what ever form. They are remants of a connection that was probably more direct in the past but have become more quiet in our modern age of increased consciousness and need to be scrutinized to be used more effectively.

I think Jung theory of archetypes should be considered as a help to determine what are the dynamics behind this means of communication from the unconscious.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I agree. For an undisciplined and also a disciplined person, self deception is easy.

'The difficulty is determining when to listen to that voice as perhaps other archetypes in the psyche, that maybe just be old primitive instincts(archetypes) and not from the Self(deeply center organizing organizing principle).'

I can't speak about archtypes, since i have perhaps dismissed them without recognizing them as such, or have no experience w them. I do recognize 'the Self(deeply center organizing organizing principle)'. I believe this is the same as what i call the core.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

'I remember hearing a small quiet voice I heard back around 1987 that said to me that if armegeddon don't come by the year 2000 and I find find out this is all a lie I will turn on the Watchtower and become a enemy this voice I then forgot. It wasn't till late in the year 2000 that I really started taking a more fearless look to find out if this religion just a bunch of bullshit. By 2001 febuary I was nolonger a beleiver and soon recalled what that small quiet voice had said in my head.'

Interesting. Do you think that your inner self did a nlp (neuro linguistic programming) on you or itself about the yr 2000 as the limit for you w the wt?

S

• Watkins
    Watkins

I've heard it many times over the years... but one instance stands out. Sad, but true.

It was on a spring evening in 1985, about 10 years before I became a JW.

I was in the hospital after giving birth to a bouncing baby boy. I was folding his little booties, diaper and clothes for the trip home the next morning. The voice said, "He will never get the chance to wear those... he'll never go home... ". I immediately banished that voice from my mind and shaking my head thought, "What an awful thought - what's wrong with me!"

I'd had 'bad feelings' all through that pregnancy, but I pushed them down, thinking it was just a negative lapses and I should be more optimistic. I'd had extra tests done throughout the pregnancy, so I was trying to follow my intuition - tests were always 'normal' and everything seemed fine.

The next morning the dr. said my little boy was being taken to the children's hospital... we'd had trouble getting him to nurse and they did a blood/oxygen count which was way low - they feared heart problems. They were spot on - he had severe heart defects. So beautiful on the outside you'd never know... how broken he was on the inside.

He lived 11 days and withstood 2 surgeries... too small and broken to survive. My 'intuition' was right, he never got to wear his going home outfit because he never went home.

Let me tell you - I didn't ever want to hear my small voice again - I feared it!

That was a long time ago now. As I've been forced to hear that voice over the years - you can't escape it - it's IN your head! - I feel at times it's holy spirit talking to you - as in 'doing the right thing' in moral circumstances. In 1985, maybe it was a warning - a heads-up for the most debilitating event in my life. I just don't know...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I am so, so sorry for your pain. It is an unbearable pain that you suffered. All I can say is you are still here to tell us your story and my heart and my admiration go out to you.

Do take care of yourself

Xanthippe

• Satanus
    Satanus

Watkins

Yes, sad. So much so, its hard for me to imagine, for a mother.

A few people have commented how this inner quiet voice gould be from god. Well, the collective subconscious, or collective unconscious, according to jung, could well be the source. Jungian theory is along the lines that we are all connected, there. If so, we borrow knowledge, or share knowledge w each other on that unconscious level. That 'extra' knowledge sometimes bubbles up to the surface mind as a small, quiet voice, voice of 'god', or to jws, may well be called demonic. Jws are taught to reject the idea that they might be spirit, or some such nature, at their core.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Watkins,

So sorry to hear of your unfortunate circumstances to hear the voice. The unconscious part of ourselves has infinite/unfathomable wisdom going on even about the future. Jung the famous psychiatrist beleived that from his indepth studies of it. I'm thinking some quantum tunnelling going on in the synapses and governed by quantum states. There are plenty of tests that show a decision made before the event requireing the decision happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit