ANONYMITY (Is it really possible on the Internet?)

by Terry 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Terry
    Terry

QuietOne:

Thanks for the advice..And I see that you do care.. I apologise for the 'IF' comment. All the best :)

Nothing to apologise for! I welcome your comments and your thoughts. We are all in this together.

• Terry
    Terry

wasblind says:

Terry.

I only pointed out in this thread what I seen as a contradiction

See, nothin' personal and no grudge. Take your own advice

" Say to yourself : " Maybe this person is merely expressing an honest thought without an agenda " and see if you don't feel much more relaxed afterward_____Terry

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My comments were directed IN RESPONSE to a particular post by a particular person (QuietOne) who is as of this very moment very RELAXED.

• wasblind
    wasblind

One down . How many others to go

Are you the only one on this site who can voice an opinion ?

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Calm down wasblind, we're fine now, I just need a break :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Best way to be anonymous on the Internet.....

Don't get on the net.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Excuse me The Quiet one

Your askin' the wrong one to calm down

Before terry edited his post he assume that my post

on this particualr thread, was related to somethin' other than

what was in this thread. It is not

• Balsam
    Balsam

I remember geting on this site & various ex or active JW sites years ago reading but not posting at . I knew better than to post anything because I knew Elders who had computers were getting on line and reading posts by people trying to snoop out those who were trying to hide. I was scared because if my own husband found out I was reading here back 14 years ago he would have turned me in. I couldn't even talk to anyone I knew about it. I was terrified of leaving any kind of track of having been here so it was a years before I actually revealed my actual self. But the wealth of thought I found helped me to find the courage to leave the control they had over me. It took a few years of reading but I've never regreted leaving for one moment. I only wished I'd left earlier maybe I could have saved my middle son from dying after his Dad refused blood transfusions for him after an auto accident. But it's been 12 years and life has been better since I left.

• Terry
    Terry

Balsam shared: It took a few years of reading but I've never regreted leaving for one moment. I only wished I'd left earlier maybe I could have saved my middle son from dying after his Dad refused blood transfusions for him after an auto accident. But it's been 12 years and life has been better since I left.

There is so much misery connected to being attached to intolerant people you have to wonder how they can honestly go to god in their prayers at night!

There is a pervasive coldness to the "love" in the Watchtower Society. Love is more like: What have you done for me lately!

I'm glad life has been improving for you Balsam. It does take time. The hardest thing to shake is the "bad attitude" they stuff you with.

It took me waaay too many years to calm down and find a happy centeredness!

• nugget
    nugget

Perhaps our experience can help. We were presented with our postings on this forum and printouts of our facebook pages despite the fact that our privacy settings were high and I always posted personal experiences in the members only section of the forum. We had no JW friends on facebook and had successfully faded for a year. Just because you use a pen name does not mean that you cannot be traced from the information you share.

For us it was not the end of the world we were ready to start afresh and it was not the trauma it could have been.

Anyone who has signed up to the forum can read members only stuff whether they post themselves or not. Anyone can send you a pm claiming to have had a similar experience and gain information you would not share generally. Friends of friends can see facebook posts you have comented on.

Feel free to express views but be careful what information you share with people you do not know unless you are ready to leave.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Feel free to express views but be careful what information you share with people you do not know unless you are ready to leave._____Nugget

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit