ANONYMITY (Is it really possible on the Internet?)

by Terry 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Terry
    Terry

I should begin by screaming the word: NO!

Keeping secret your identity while posting in a public forum is like removing your pubic hair with a blowtorch.

Which is to say, theoretically possible but not at all feasible!

if you are "fading" or merely a troubled JW in good standing who is curious what is the exact nature of the RISK?

The list would be endless. The bottom line is that the actual danger comes from how you would be TREATED by those who claim to LOVE you!!

Astounding, isn't it? Your enemies are your friends. Your enemies are your family. Your enemies are your religious shepherds!

They just don't know it yet.

All that stands between you and peace of mind is the COST of thinking REAL thoughts which are true OUT LOUD and in public.

A terrible cost has been set on Freedom of Conscience!

That should amaze everybody.

We live in a Free Society but many of us exist in some Dark Ages with the long shadow of the INQUISITION looming over us.

That should not even be possible to imagine---and yet, it is no secret.

If this were the 16th century and someone in our community were accused and identified as a WITCH---a wave of fear would sweep away

any thought of doubt or pity for the person under suspicion! The onus of SATAN and the damned has been pounded into everybody's head to

overly sensitize us to the abomination of blasphemous treachery among our very closest neighbor!

And yet--we are in a far different century! These are well-informed times of enlightenment. Or--are they?

No.

It is really the same as the Dark Ages.

None of us can risk practising Witchcraft anonymously and imagine we can escape detection, accusation and outing!!

Yes, that is what being anonymous is all about as a fading or lurking Witness--it is identical to practising WITCHCRAFT in the mind

of the hypersensitive superstitious twits in the abusive religion of Jehovah's Witnesses!

HOW CAN ANY HOPE TO ESCAPE DETECTION??

We are constantly leaving data sensitive DNA trails everywhere we go on the Internet!

Once you send an e-mail the party receiving it is INFECTED by your identity. (An effective way of thinking about it.)

Think of your own true identity as a VENEREAL DISEASE you are spreading and you may be shocked by how promiscuously you behave

by e-mailing, chatting, Personal Messaging, Skyping, entering a data base, texting and phoning somebody in the context of "forbidden thoughts and practices!"

Those records can be hacked, compromised, copied, distributed in the wink of an eye WITHOUT ANYBODY INTENDING YOU HARM!

You may as well be sending Voodoo dolls with your name stitched across the back!

If you are a lurker with an identity to hide...

If you are an active Jehovah's Witness with watchful eyes sniffing you out for your curiousity...

If you are a fader....

If you are in the middle of a lawsuit......

I want you to get a 4x5 notecard and Magic Marker and write these words on it and attach it to the middle of your computer screen:

YOU WILL BE CAUGHT---YOU WILL BE ACCUSED---ARE YOU READY FOR WHAT COMES NEXT?

Don't kid yourself. Be ready for what comes.

Because...it IS coming.....and it is coming for YOU!

Be ready....be prepared....BEWARE!

• suavojr
    suavojr

Thank you Terry! Since I am an active JW, I also came to this realization a few days. I am getting closer and closer to the edge of my abyss.

The trick is to come out of such entrapment! That's what the WT hates the most, when people leave and do better without them. That is the best testimony we can all give them

• Lore
    Lore

Naw.

I don't use facebook.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Just google your username on this site followed by jw.net and you'll get your answer.

• Heaven
    Heaven

In an attempt to preserve my anonymity, I set up a second email account using a pseudonym and then registered here using this second email. Primarily, I wish to preserve my anonymity due to my professional life. I do not want anything I post here to cause repercussions on the company I work for. In JW land, I was never baptized so I am not on record with the Borganization. Only a handful of family are in and they don't talk to me except for 'necessary family matters'.

There are only a small number of people on the board I have given my real name and email to and only 1 person knows my true Facebook account.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

There are a couple of people on this board who know who I am and that I have met. The irony is that they are disfellowshipped apostates and I trust them with that knowledge far more than I would trust any good and old friends of mine who are still in. The reality of being in an organisation that stifles free thought like the old school Soviet states yet claims to be Gods organisation keeps me sure that getting out of it is the right thing to do.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

You make some good points but your ending and blowtorch illustration seem like melodramatic nonsense, to me anyway. Not even Simon has my real name, email or any other details.. And I've left no personal details to identify me on the forum. And I don't speak to anyone here via email/im etc.. Are you trying to give people a push to 'be themselves' and 'speak out', by getting them to believe that they can and WILL be traced? Cheap psychological trick.. and do you even consider the kind of physical/emotional/financial damage that such emotionally manipulative ploys could cause if a paranoid/nervous type took your long-winded speech literally? But why would you care..

• Terry
    Terry

QUIETONE:

You make some good points but your ending and blowtorch illustration seem like melodramatic nonsense, to me anyway.

I'm not sure that being outed is nonsense to the people who have the rug pulled out from under them suddenly and unexpectedly. But, you

certainly have the right to view it that way for yourself.

Not even Simon has my real name, email or any other details.. And I've left no personal details to identify me on the forum.

I think that is probably very wise of you. Not everybody is as detail oriented and cautious. Others can learn from your example.

Are you trying to give people a push to 'be themselves' and 'speak out', by getting them to believe that they can and WILL be traced? Cheap psychological trick..

Getting people to "be themselves" and "speak out" means what? OUT THEMSELVES??? That's just silly! Not to mention, illogical!

I'm sure I don't understand what you mean by "cheap psychological trick"--you'll have to explain how you come up with that one.

and do you even consider the kind of physical/emotional/financial damage that such emotionally manipulative ploys could cause if a paranoid/nervous type took your long-winded speech literally? But why would you care..

If you read my posts on JWn carefully and without paranoia you'll quickly discover me to be more outspoken than you may be comfortable with as a person. I tell it the way I see it. It would be insulting to you if I used the phrase "over-reacting" so I won't attach that label. But, try once and awhile

to say to yourself: "Maybe this person is merely expressing an honest thought without an agenda" and see if you don't feel much more relaxed afterword.

• wasblind
    wasblind

If you read my posts on JWn carefully and without paranoia you'll quickly discover me to be more outspoken than you may be comfortable with as a person. I tell it the way I see it. It would be insulting to you if I used the phrase "over-reacting" so I won't attach that label. But, try once and awhile

to say to yourself: "Maybe this person is merely expressing an honest thought without an agenda" and see if you don't feel much more relaxed afterword._____Terry

ANONYMITY ( Is it really possible on the Internet ? )

YOU WILL BE CAUGHT--------YOU WILL BE ACCUSED--------ARE YOU READY FOR WHAT COMES NEXT ? _____Terry

Question : Anybody feel relaxed ?

• Terry
    Terry

I hope nobody feels relaxed who is trying to remain anonymous on an internet public forum.

This topic follows in the wake of what happened recently with AAWA.

I only wish I had posted this four weeks earlier!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit