Why do JWs get married at a young age?

by XPeterX 46 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I agree also with Hellenback................ blackmail is awful, but works

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

They forbid me from moving out of the house unless it was as the wife of a spiritual brother.

Magwitch ...

I don't get it. How can parents forbid anyone from moving out of their home? If you have a job, I don't see why you can't leave.

Rub a Dub

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

DaCheech:

the age is not the question, but: Why the rush to get married within 1-6 months?

What do you really know about the other in such a short time?

---

ADCMS: In WT Land there's a rule for everything, including how long a couple can date (oops, WT-ese, "court", see there's even a rule about terminology).

There are rules about what constitutes dating; then there's rules about dating itself; once engaged, then there are rules determining how long you can be engaged.

Knowing the other person is not a goal of JW dating (courting). Marrying another JW is the only real factor. Compatibility, etc. are not important to a JW- marrying "only in the Lord" is....even if you're miserable for the rest of your life.

And, of course, SEX!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Please explain > SEX what is that ?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Nobody knows???? Ok. I will ask Google .

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Sex, yes. Also as Don'tcallmeS says, the rules about dating are also a big factor. Normal young people can go on dates and learn about socializing with the opposite sex. JW young people can only date with the purpose of getting married.

And Mouthy - I look forward to your insights gleaned from your Google search.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The hormonal sap begins to rise in the mid teens.

Solosexuality is denounced by the WashTowel as the major cause of hairy palms, so the pressure builds.

Lustful groin release syndrome results in Dub weddings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit