Why do JWs get married at a young age?

by XPeterX 46 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

the age is not the question, but:
    Why the rush to get married within 1-6 months?

Sex.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I think that the emotional isolation drives young JW's towards one another. Think about it, you are bombarded by the bullshit dogma and hampered in your desire to bond with the majority of people that you know from school, work, etc. Couple that to the doomsday/persecution complex and marriage probably seems like a safety blanket for these kids. Terrible.

On second thought...they probably just wanna F***.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I grew up in a cult where the only acceptable place to ejaculate was in the vagina of you legal wife - but only 21 days out of a 28 day cycle. Combine this with the assurance that Armagedon was just arround the corner. That is the reason I married at age 19.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Because of the masturbation video on jw.org...

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

It had everything to do with my parents.

I suspect that's often the case, Magwitch. Marriage is about the only honorable way (per the WT) to escape power-mad JW parents. The choices available to "worldly" children are grounds to be DF'ed: whether it's college, cohabitation, the Army, Peace Corps, or a decent full time job in another state, you'll be breaking one or more of the Watchtower taboos. What other choice is there, Bethel? No, thank you!

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Because menage a uno gets old

zed

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Sex, and more Sex, and then after about 3 to 6 months of all that Sex you wakeup a little and say to yourself isn't there more to this marriage than just Sex? Then while in your depression you have more Sex and even more Sex until you have your first kid. Just like a Cult to condem everything about Sex when you are young to make you want to have Sex even more so you get married to young so you can have Sex. Totally ADD

• hellenback
    hellenback

That was me. LOL Now divorced.

4) Sex : A couple can now "get busy" without the guilt. Often the young couple has been intimate on some level - and kept it to themselves. So they marry out of guilt or obligation. Premarital intimacy can also be used by one of the persons involved to force the marriage i.e. "if we don't get married now, I'm going to confess to the elders."

• sherry11
    sherry11

SEX!!!

They self pleasure which guilts them out

Experiencing wet dreams or fantasies daily

• prologos
    prologos

with wtbtSEX policies applied to the full, young people have already reached the pinnacle of their EDUCATION and possibly CARREER.

so, with support from parents, congregation business owners, the low finances work, and there is this totally fulfilling SEX,

worry about developing personalities later, another day, another dilemma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit