Gabby Gifford, Families of New Town

by free2beme 86 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Somebody's been listening to Rush Limbaugh with earbuds on....again

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think I will go shot my AR15 tomorrow in honor of my right to own and have arms. :)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Shot it, dude!

Y'all come back, now! Hear?

• PrairieChicken
    PrairieChicken

Ah...didn't expect the NRA to be active here. I'll ask tomorrow how to have my membership cancelled.

Totally didn't know this was GlennBeckoStan.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Glen is a mormon... I am a witch. Big disagreement. LOL

• ssn587
    ssn587

I am always amazed at how quickly people on here are quick to swlip into the jdub mind set and name call either openly or implied when others dont agree with them. The thing about background c thecks, is imo amisnomer, you can't buy a gun without a background check. The talk from the administration about having to have them is nonsense, background checks exist and are used, however, they can't precieve what is in somone's mind. The talk about loop holes like gun shows is also nonsense, background checks are also done there, go to one and see, you cant buy one without it. I have been to many of them in multiple states and always background checks were done.

If we call people gun nuts because they like to have them, for hunting plinking or target shooting then really what kind of nut are you. I personally go hunting and yet I don't shoot animals because I don't shoot what I wont eat. I just like to go. I like to use mine for plinking, and self defense. They are a part of the American culture, if you impose on those who own them, then what is next. If one is so concerned about gun violence, then look for those articles in papers or on MSNBC, CBS, NBC, CNN etc that report on instances when having a gun saved someone's life, prevented crime being inacted etc. Yet you won't see them there. In another vein, mass shooting have almost without exception have happened in gun free zones, zones where the crimes can be accomplished without fear of interferenfce from someone carrying a concealed weapon. If one is so concerned about the mass shootings then make sure that gun free zones dont exist.

Better yet, why arent all concerned about the deaths in hospitals, many thousands of people die in hospitals due to errors etc., yet the administration isnt concerned about that. alcohol related deaths, traffic deaths. Maybe that doesn't come on their radar because it can't be politically used to take advantage of the American public.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The gun lobby is pure evil.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

SSN - background checks are NOT required through ALL sales. That's a load of crap. Internet gun sales = big business. Gun shows do not always require background checks.

Why are you so against those checks? They won't solve all the problems but I fail to understand the mentality one can have by refusing to allow a simple background check for ALL guns.

sammieswife

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

how come background checks and ID's are OK for guns??? but not OK for voter fraud?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Anyway, if the language in the bill was OK, I would back it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit