Gabby Gifford, Families of New Town

by free2beme 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Talk22: we don't tollerate that kind of crap here.

Everyone, please keep on topic.

• Simon
    Simon

The 2nd amendment is misquoted as "right to bear arms" (probably too many words for gun-nuts to remember):

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I think "well-regulated" implies some background checks. Also, are they now "necessary to the security of a free state"? I don't think they are.

But common sense is never going to prevail when it comes to US politics and culture.

Why doesn't anyone rant about the 3rd amendment?

"No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law."

Yeah, it's outdated crap isn't it!

As for the 1st amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

There are already lots of laws and rules that contradict that (yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre, libel etc...) so these amendments should not be treated as sacrosanct and untouchable.

However, sense and logic make no sense when it comes to Mercans and guns. The rest of the world just watches on in shocked amusement.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I thought you said to keep it on topic?

The families from Conn. have the right to let us know their story. The emotional blackmail by the President and his blithering idiot Veep don't help anything but his agenda however.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    The emotional blackmail by the President and his blithering idiot Veep don't help anything but his agenda however.

What???

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

No. My opinion Beks.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Don't be too amused Simon. The whole world is in the clutches of big money right now. Surely there are industries that hold sway in your neck of the woods. Although I agree with you 100% that the 2nd needs updating.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Actually, the "emotional blackmail" line is currently a right wing talking point. I find it rather ridiculous.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Then you are either blind my friend or dishonest. I truly hope it's the former because I would hate to have misjudged you so.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Don't be fooled, Obama stated and had been very open about taking guns away. You know how you take away dear rifles, when all the assault weapons are banned, and pistels? You call the dear rifle a sniper gun, and scare people that they will be used to kill children. Here is the thing, common sense alert!!!! Their are millions of guns out there in the hands of the public, and since Sandy Hook the sales have gone higher and higher. So, you ban guns today and this is what would happen.

The government would at first ask for people to give up their weapons without a problem. Some will, who simply go threw life scared, will give them up immediately. Others would not and that would lead to the police coming door to door, or the national gaurd, to take weapons. When this is done, people will get killed. Not a couple, thousands! This nation would turn in chaos for a very long time and there would be states threatening, if not attempting to leave the union.

What would be the hardest part of invading this nation in a hostile take over? The fact that the citizens are armed and you just honestly do not know how well, or who has the weapons. This is a nightmare to a military, as it is not a war with a line, it is a sniper or hit and miss kill jobs. Either way, it is a headache and a line we do not appreciate enough.

So liberals can dream on, wine on national television when their agenda is not done. But the dream of taking away weapons will not happen that quick. No, it will be a slow desolving or rights over decades and by the time it really happens. You wont even notice the last brick being removed from the wall. Because you didn't even realize it had been removed.

Just saying ... and Obama you wined like a baby today! Welcome to being a lame duck president.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Don't be fooled, Obama stated and had been very open about taking guns away. You know how you take away dear rifles, when all the assault weapons are banned, and pistels? You call the dear rifle a sniper gun, and scare people that they will be used to kill children. Here is the thing, common sense alert!!!! Their are millions of guns out there in the hands of the public, and since Sandy Hook the sales have gone higher and higher. So, you ban guns today and this is what would happen.
    The government would at first ask for people to give up their weapons without a problem. Some will, who simply go threw life scared, will give them up immediately. Others would not and that would lead to the police coming door to door, or the national gaurd, to take weapons. When this is done, people will get killed. Not a couple, thousands! This nation would turn in chaos for a very long time and there would be states threatening, if not attempting to leave the union.
    What would be the hardest part of invading this nation in a hostile take over? The fact that the citizens are armed and you just honestly do not know how well, or who has the weapons. This is a nightmare to a military, as it is not a war with a line, it is a sniper or hit and miss kill jobs. Either way, it is a headache and a line we do not appreciate enough.
    So liberals can dream on, wine on national television when their agenda is not done. But the dream of taking away weapons will not happen that quick. No, it will be a slow desolving or rights over decades and by the time it really happens. You wont even notice the last brick being removed from the wall. Because you didn't even realize it had been removed.
    Just saying ... and Obama you wined like a baby today! Welcome to being a lame duck president.

Ohhhhh "dear". I will just let this go. Sooner, I'm just plain sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit