My View and Bobby Dylan's View of AntiWatchtower Special Groups

by Band on the Run 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Lost. If you feel I made statements specifically about you I sincerely apologize. I did say you were being sensationalist. If there is anything over the top of that, I was in error and hope you will excuse me.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Thank you for your apology TY. I was most upset however.

I'm not a sensationalist. Far from it. I suggest you go back and read what I said and what you said.

I'm not into bitching, arguing and confrontation. I do like and highly value healthy debate.

I was never anti-awwa, I didn't slate their hopes and objectives, nor am I anti cedars ( I do not know the man) mor am I anti board members, which I clearly stated, I have praised them.

I do think a 'spade' should be called a 'spade' when it is a 'spade'. Isn't that what it's all about. truth and Honesty. If we stand on soapboxes and shout about it, we should expect to get pushed off it from time to time.

Difficulties in conversation are compounded by the fact that words can be taken anyway, in person, tone of voice, body language, facial expressions.. there is plenty of scope for an erronous take on words.

I also apologise to you if you think somehow I was insulting or improper to you.

regards

lost

• talesin
    talesin

Well if the success of movements was predicated on the size of available egos, then ex-JWs would surely be the most formidable force on the face of the earth

lol, I can think of MANY past members here who would fit that bill ..................... mwah haha ...

SBF, if I come to visit across the pond, would love to meet you.

tal

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

" Loose organizations with peers have many advantages. Agility is important. A massive blow as in David and Goliath is not likely. Skirmishes and reframing issues can win a sustained war. Don't follow leaders, to quote Dylan. If everyone here is concious of the WT in their routine lives and engages in small actions based on their gut feelings, the WT faces a formidable foe."

Yes, I agree!
    The most important we can do on the web is to reach lurkers. This have to be done in a careful way. Don't scare them away.

• rebel8
    rebel8

If you have a problem with cedars personally, wouldn't an effective approach be to take it up with cedars personally?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If you have a problem with cedars personally, wouldn't an effective approach be to take it up with cedars personally?

Didn't a certain Jewish Revolutionary allegedly have something to say about that?

15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.

-Sab

• Giordano
    Giordano

I was one of two founders of a national artists association. I went to my friends first, people who had expressed interest in forming an advocate group for outsider artists. We then met interested people who I didn't know but came highly touted. Within a month we had 15 pretty good people on an ad hoc committee...... by the end of the month we had an additional 25 volunteers. What I found was that many people contributed a great deal and some nothing at all. People I had never met often turned out to be the best. We were also misunderstood and resented for positions we took. Some things we changed and we grew and learned to be better communicators. Some times we screwed up....badly and it took a long time to dig out. Sometimes we didn't realize we had a problem until it blew up in our faces. We worked like dogs and by the first year we had 300 members. We were meeting with the powers to be to effect positive change for our members. In the years to come even better people stepped forward and the association grew wiser and smarter. Over a dozen years we grew to 2000 total members and helped thousands more to safeguard their careers. We helped end the type of practices that had really hurt those artists. But when we started it wasn't easy and mistakes were made and corrected. Feelings were hurt. Everyone that has served on our boards over the years or on important committees learned about the law of 'unintended consequences' which happens no matter how careful one try's to be. The one thing I've learned is it's best not to be a knee jerk reactor. Get the facts, get the time line.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Rebel8

Is your comment directed at me or someone else ?

lost

• Glander
    Glander

Seems a case of good intentions.

I think overt anti-WT organizations shoot themselves in the foot.

JWN is not perfect, but it seems to be helping a lot of the walking wounded hook up with the "been there and done that" veterans.

• Angharad
    Angharad

"OH i DON'T THINK WE ARE ALOWWED TO TALK ABOUT THE WHOLE FIASCO THAT WAS AAWA ANYMORE !!!!! band on the run. Be careful what you say.

I think we have been censored. Correct me if I'm wrong."

I think you a mis-representing things here, the threads were open for days (around a week I think) and numerous things were discussed openly - we closed them on the weekend when it got to the point of the same things being re-hashed over and over again. Your implication that no discussion of AAWA is allowed is simply not true

Your thread directed to Tylinbrando was obviously a personal disagreement and would be better discussed through PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit