My View and Bobby Dylan's View of AntiWatchtower Special Groups

by Band on the Run 39 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
    *lost*

Angharad - i don't think I actually said NO discussion was allowed.?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Were you expecting an invitation addressing you as "Your Majesty"

When I first saw the thread with the announcement, I supported the effort and was asked to fill a volunteer form. I did. I will try to make my little contribution, despite the absence of a personal invitation, despite the absence of any kind of recognition, and despite the minor flaws of the leaders. Many of them have worked a lot harder than the critics to help fight the Watchtower harmful and wrong headed doctrines.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

Band on the run,

...watch your parking meters...

Although I don't have a dog in the race, and I think that, personally, the more groups the merrier, and to quote Rodney king "why can't we all just get along"...why does one anti watchtower group diminish another or vice versa? Two candles are brighter than one. And perhaps you were overlooked, as I am sure many revolutionaries were during the war. As I am sure it didn't go without notice that the so called leaders during the revolution, as I am sure you are aware, whittled there time away in monarchist France while the patriots were on the frontlines. But both groups were responsible for bringing about the needed changes we benefit from today. And when really was there any real change anywhere without a strong charismatic leader(s) willing to stick his or her neck out for the "cause".

Organization by itself is not necessarily wrong or bad. For an organization to really work you need workers and leaders willing to work. Looking at cedars website and his accomplished missions of surveys does it not show that for him at least there has been proven results? Although I'm not familiar with others except grundys and Anderson's work, again proven results Why not wait and see what the results will be. Like Dylan said

If you got nothing you got nothing to lose...

Slavenomore

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Can someone tell me what Bob Dylan has to do with all this since his name is in the subject line?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I am crying all day over not being supreme lord.

You shall bow down right now in front of me, or else!

• therevealer
    therevealer

@shirleyW - band qouted (like the tower does0 without a qoute this "Don't follow leaders, to quote Dylan."

• therevealer
    therevealer

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but is this group not wanting/trying to go after the "Watchtower Organization" itself in an effort to effect honesty and change. Not so much to help r&f out of it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree with the General Washington analogy. Winning a war wasn't the plan so much as not losing. Taking on a multi billion corporation will take more than a few volunteers, a corporation, website, and a rant.Direct engagement is a joke.

For those familiar with "THe Art of War", know that it's better to let the world, and others do your fighting for u. I'm of the opinion that much more can be accomplished by getting the attention of local authorities. For one, they number much more than ex JW's do. And they have greater resources, along with local governemnt to back them. Media helps as well.

THE WT is certainly not the only destructive cult on this planet. They are in our cross hairs since we are all victims of them. Sharing the battle load with other groups from other religions might bring more attention to the more obscure group among them. The WT.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

Interesting since we are mentioning Washington. He had joined forces with the French in the final battle of Yorktown. Two army's two different styles fighting together but in the end the dual army assault got lucky. But they worked together. However, in spite of any strategy, it might just come down to one jury member.

Slavenomore

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Can someone tell me what Bob Dylan has to do with all this since his name is in the subject line?

I am only guessing, but Bob Dylan wrote; All Along the Watchtower. Maybe that is the connection.

IMO....it was very poor taste to call Mr. Cedars out like that. Something of this nature would have been best handled by PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit