My View and Bobby Dylan's View of AntiWatchtower Special Groups

by Band on the Run 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My computer crashed so I am not fully informed of the recent antiWatchtower organization. I must vent, however. Perhaps I am the only one on the face of the earth (or the entire universe) but I found Cedar's opening announcement insulting. There is no need to state my protest and academic credentials. My entire professional and private life has centered on abuse of power. The reason I am obsessed about the topic has to do with my Witness upbringing. First, for people around me to form a protest movement and not invite me is one of the rudest actions I have had to cope with in my long life. On the other hand, I saw the listing of self appointed leaders and said "What a compliment that you were not invited."

I am no longer a newbie. Former Witnesses should avoid top heavy leadership and self-appointed Messiahs as though they were the plague. Right now I feel like a broken record. People obviously have no respect for me. No steering or emergency committee was needed. JWN is organization itself. Overly organizing breaks -protest movements. By self selecting a handful of leaders, more important individuals were neglected. I speak from my education and experience. Others here speak from there backgrounds. We need no leaders. I can quote examples from the American rebellion, English history, the British Civil War, French history, Gandhi, and the black, women's, gay, and other movements. I won't b/c people will just hate me more.

The WT is vapid and vental but it is not powerless. George Washington knew he could never win against the British in a traditional war. Loose organizations with peers have many advantages. Agility is important. A massive blow as in David and Goliath is not likely. Skirmishes and reframing issues can win a sustained war. Don't follow leaders, to quote Dylan. If everyone here is concious of the WT in their routine lives and engages in small actions based on their gut feelings, the WT faces a formidable foe. Canvas your neighborhood, your friends, work buddies. It may not be dramatic feeling but it is proven to work better than mass marches and large groups. Large groups, filled with bitterness, will cause a backlash of sympathy for the WT. Preaching to people does not work. The WT is not a regular organization. It is a religion. Civil society in America expects people to be tolerant of religion.

Everyone here is competent to strike blows against the WT. I know my narrow area. Others here know what will work in their neighborhoods. Conveners and leaders are not necessary. JWN is similar to the Committees of Correspondence Americans formed to organize. We can exchange information here and vent. The WT has resources we can never match. American law and values favor the WT. Not only can they out organize you, hire legal counsel, and private investigators, why would you want to drown your present life in a losing struggle. The WT is powerful but it has particular areas of weakness. The very factors that make us weak in a full frontal war make us powerful and dangerous to the WT in skirmishes and the peace.

My vent is over. The self appointed leaders could have invited masses of forum members through pm. From what I do know for a fact, secret groups could be easily penetrated by true professionals. A mass movement could work. Furthermore, loose leadership and inclusiveness would empower all legitimate forum members. Not only would the WT suffer but we could empower ourselves in a very powerful and real manner.I have been a forum member long enough to know that the rank and files members of this forum have more accumulated wisdom and sophistication than illkegitimate leaders. I have been in several movements. There is no need for me to "play 1960s."

Of course, I know nothing about anything. Why would anyone value my opinion when they can turn to false leaders such as former elders or Bethelites who drank the WT kool aid more than the rest of us ever did. Don't follow them. Don't follow me. Follow yourselfs. You have the power now.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

LOL

JWN, it seems, is full of legends in their own lunch breaks.

• undercover
    undercover

JWN, it seems, is full of legends in their own lunch breaks.

I'm on a cigarette break, thank you very much

• cult classic
    cult classic

I don't know which irritates me the most, Watchtower or AntiWatchtower groups...

• Satanus
    Satanus

You think you were the only one who was insulted at not being invited to help lead the group! Just think how insulted I feel at not being considered for leadership! Since i eschew leadership status, that makes me even better leadership material than those who aspire to it. How stupid of people in general not see that hidden treasure of a quality, that i have/am. I'm thinking of going into total seclusion for the rest of my existence. Only a swift and eloquent universal apology can dissuade me from going through w that.

S

• scotoma
    scotoma

So many organizations so little time....

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I smell a thread lock down in T-Minus 60 seconds and counting.....

• *lost*
    *lost*

OH i DON'T THINK WE ARE ALOWWED TO TALK ABOUT THE WHOLE FIASCO THAT WAS AAWA ANYMORE !!!!! band on the run. Be careful what you say.

I think we have been censored. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not even allowed to take issue with Tylinbrando about false statements he made about me.!!!!! My post was immediately locked.

So go figure.

Expect lock down in .... 60 ...59....58....

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

There is no need to state my protest and academic credentials. My entire professional and private life has centered on abuse of power. The reason I am obsessed about the topic has to do with my Witness upbringing. First, for people around me to form a protest movement and not invite me is one of the rudest actions I have had to cope with in my long life.

The self appointed leaders could have invited masses of forum members through pm. From what I do know for a fact, secret groups could be easily penetrated by true professionals. A mass movement could work. Furthermore, loose leadership and inclusiveness would empower all legitimate forum members. Not only would the WT suffer but we could empower ourselves in a very powerful and real manner.I have been a forum member long enough to know that the rank and files members of this forum have more accumulated wisdom and sophistication than illkegitimate leaders.

I am a bit confused. Are you saying that you do not agree with an anti-watchtower policy activist group or that you just dont believe in leadership to get the ball rolling?

Do you feel with the right leadership it is possible? Is it inferred that the current leadership of said group is not credible?

What about members of the group? Do any of them have credentials to be effective?

A positive for you is that you were not "force added" by a friend and therefore you could not be "outed" if that was a concern for you.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well if the success of movements was predicated on the size of available egos, then ex-JWs would surely be the most formidable force on the face of the earth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit