Thank Jah for the 7/15/13 WT

by watson 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• watson
    watson

Overwhelming support for the New Light!

Quote from facebook:

Just read 2 of the study articles. They make it so easy to understand everything. It all seems so clear!
    Jehovah makes things easy for ppl like me that need it kept simple.
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Yes, god forbid they should have to think about anything! Wow!

• Comatose
    Comatose

I've talked to several. No one thinks its anything important. No big change.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Laugh Out Loud! Thanks for the comic relief

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Were we really that retarded?

I don't remember being that (a) excited over "new light" (b) thankful for having things "dumbed down" for me.

• jam
    jam

The last two JW,s at my door had no idea what I

was talking about.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"It all seems so clear!"

"seems" = since I haven't thought about it, I guess it's clear. You could also substitute "evidently", "possibly", "could have", "likely"- it's all the same.

Jehovah makes things easy for ppl like me that need it kept simple.

Yes, even spelling out the word "people" is too much work! Easier to cut it down to only three letters.

Thinking is a lot of work, which is why most J-Dubs don't do it.

• dazed but not confused
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is Ironic that they also write stuff like this

"Do Others Do Your Thinking? - Aw 1978 8/22 p4

Proverbs 14:15 states: “A simple man believes every word he hears; a clever man understands the need for proof.” (The New English Bible) Many today are like sponges; they soak up whatever they are submerged in. It is the easy way............................. Whatever you read or watch or listen to, test whether it is propaganda or whether it is the truth. “The god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,” that they might not know the vital truths of our time. What about you? Will you let others think for you, or will you do your own thinking? Do your own, and “thinking ability itself will keep guard over you.” At the same time, it must be admitted that we need good and proper guidance.—2 Cor. 4:4, 6; Prov. 2:11; Ps. 36:9; Jer. 10:23."

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

You're right Blues Brother. But, the real message JWs assimilate is this one:

OUR VIEW OF THE "SLAVE"

WT 1981 2/15 p.19 Do We Need Help to Understand the Bible?

We can benefit from this consideration. If we have once established what instrument God is using as his "slave" to dispense spiritual food to his people, surely Jehovah is not pleased if we receive that food as though it might contain something harmful. We should have confidence in the channel God is using. At the Brooklyn headquarters from which the Bible publications of Jehovah’s Witnesses emanate there are more mature Christian elders, both of the "remnant" and of the "other sheep," than anywhere else upon earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit