Is There Other Sites Many Members Are Bailing To? M.I.A JWN People, where did they go?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Since I joined the forum I noticed more than a few people have not been posting, what is going on? I received a couple of emails from other groups asking me to join their new forms with a promised technology, I wondered how they got my email address and thought it be strange.

People during the first year of a great change might post daily to any support chat or message board they feel is going to aid them. As time goes on, people develop other interest and move on to other things and or stop posting after they began to feel better about their lot in life and realize all is not lost!

So where are all the older JWN members who posted her a year ago and where did they disappear to? We are losing the "Men Of Fame" and "Women Of Fame", is everyone trying to make a name for themselves or did they find solace and join a charity to spend their time? I can think of thirty names of people who have not posted in months, did they ascend and find Nirvana or did they go back to the Kingdom Hall? I always wonder what happened to the good people who helped us all during our personal crisis. Just my thoughts at night.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I refuse to pay great attention to what has happened. Nevertheless, I do know that splinter groups emerged. The "believers" formed one site. Atheists another. Invitations arrived through pms on this site. I read what was public on one site and joined another site. Some people were banned so they had to go elsewhere. Frankly, with the little I do know, this site remains the best. First, the traffic here is much greater. Second, if I want to hear only what I want to hear, I can just go into my bathroom and talk into my mirror. I may feel differently for an hour or so but I do want to hear what others think.

Another major issue for me is I felt as though I was being "played" without knowing people's true motivations. I was very angry with Simon for a short while. The short story is that I was very glad I was not banned so I could return. I don't know any details. There is no way to analyze it because I know so little. My gut told me stuff.

Oh, old timers told me that splinter groups from here are fairly common but no other site lasts for very long.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Who are you missing?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Missing Leolaia,

If Simon doesn't bring her back I am leaving.... OK, OK I will reduce my visits only.

• Violia
    Violia

ditto what BOTR said.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

People come and go. that's life. Maybe they feel that they have better/more important things to do?

But yes, one can miss people that one only know by a nickname. It's a bit sad.

• flipper
    flipper

I'm still posting. But I've just been swamped with work so much that I've barely had anytime to post. Plus I'm practicing playing guitar more now and doing my music. But I still consider this site to be as important as ever and whenever I see newbies I try to welcome them and comment on hot topics here and there. Hey life is busy, what can I say ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I hear that some people move on to concentrate on the rest of their lives. It could just be a dirty rumour though.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

You should feel happy for such people. Maybe they found a new boyfriend/girlfriend and the relationship is going somewhere. Perhaps they started a family or are busy raising one. That wouldn't leave much time for JWN.

• Glander
    Glander

I have observed that since the U.S. elections of '08 and '10 there has been a large contingent of posters who could care less about the XJW aspect of the forum in order to stake out and cheerlead their personal political positions. This has become somewhat of a circus side show and has generated a lot of typical anonymous internet, in your face, posting.

Considering the international variety of posters I would not be surprised if many have decided to move on. A couple of well respected posters here have withdrawn completely and made no secret that they were stressed by the site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit