Margaret Thatcher has Died

by cantleave 99 Replies latest social current

• cantleave
    cantleave

Interesting summary Konceptual99 - thanks for posting!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

designs said, and it bears repeating:

Thatcher like Reagan unleased the monsters of deregulation and it does goose the economy until the financial gougers and malfeasance hits that predictable wall like our economy did in the late 1980s-early1990s.

Good article, konceptual.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

So let me get this straight. You jokers blast Thatcher for being so terrible, for being the antithesis of your progressive values, and then konceptual posts an article from the BBC that basically says that everything (the good and the bad) would have probably been the same and you are ballsy enough to write...

konceptual - nice article,

Good article, konceptual.

Hypocritical a-holes and every single thing you write on this site from this time forward is complete and utter s***.

• designs
    designs

Its ok sooner if you don't get it

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Sigh

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Love her or hate her you had to admire her ,she took no s***T from knowone and dragged Britten kicking and screaming into the 21st centery.
    She would'nt back down to the trouble makeing unions who's endevour was to bring the country to it's knees.
    She changed society so that the averadge working class person coul'd aspire to anything they wanted to be without being born into the rite class.
    She would'nt negotiate with the I.R.A untill they aggreed to lay down their arms in her words "We don't negotiate with terrorists".
    All in all i admired her however there will be those who admired her and those who will dance on her grave....if nothing else she was controversial.
    One of her many quote's i injoyed was when she was being interviewed about Bobby Sands who was in the Maze prison on a hunger strike,When asked about it she said "He's going to get very thin then he's going to die".
    R.I.P Margaret Thatcher.

Is this satire?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ber

It words like an infomercial. 'It does exactly what they say it does'.

S

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

she took no s***T from knowone and dragged Britten kicking and screaming into the 21st centery.
    if nothing else she was controversial.

Dragged Britten into the 21st century? Wha'? Do you mean Britney Spears? Thatcher quit (in tears) in 1990 - the 20th century (or centery).

Yes, she was controversial - so was Hitler.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

sooner - ill-informed and proud of it.

• karter
    karter

Designs,If you never approved of violence or terrorism you would never have approved of Bobby sands what he was doing ,He wanted to be recognized as a political prisoner not the terrest he was...personaly i think he improved the gene pool by takeing himself out of it.

Berengaria,Not Satire at all if she had not slashed goverment spending and done the reforms she did the UK would be just like the greeks now.

Bizzybee,Ok the 20th centery well the last bit of it anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit