Margaret Thatcher has Died

by cantleave 99 Replies latest social current

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

No, thanks.
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"No, thanks."

Allow me to translate: Meehhhh! I don't want to play anymore.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The most telling indication of whether her approach was the right one is the fact her own party colluded to stab her in the back and viciously twisted the knife when they ousted her.

• karter
    karter

Love her or hate her you had to admire her ,she took no s***T from knowone and dragged Britten kicking and screaming into the 21st centery.

She would'nt back down to the trouble makeing unions who's endevour was to bring the country to it's knees.

She changed society so that the averadge working class person coul'd aspire to anything they wanted to be without being born into the rite class.

She would'nt negotiate with the I.R.A untill they aggreed to lay down their arms in her words "We don't negotiate with terrorists".

All in all i admired her however there will be those who admired her and those who will dance on her grave....if nothing else she was controversial.

One of her many quote's i injoyed was when she was being interviewed about Bobby Sands who was in the Maze prison on a hunger strike,When asked about it she said "He's going to get very thin then he's going to die".

R.I.P Margaret Thatcher.

• St George of England
    St George of England

As I mentioned on Page 1 of this thread:-

We still have the Falklands!

George

• designs
    designs

karter- Who invaded whom. First invasion 12th century, final takeover 16th century. While never approving of violence and terrorism the loppsidedness of English tyranny has to be addressed.

I bet Magggie was eating three meals a day plus deserts while school programs were being cut.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

• why don't you give us an idea of how the UK, and indeed the Western world,would be today if Mrs. Thatcher hadn't ruled as Prime Minister.
      Best ask the people of Chile who endured a military dictatorship run by Maggie's good friend Augusto Pinochet.
      Also, ask the people of South Africa; Maggie referred to Nelson Mandela as a "terrorist" and opposed economic sanctions on the apartheid regime. (Any Mandela fans here? Mandela must be smiling to himself right about now.)
      Ask the people of Northern Ireland about peaceful, freedom-loving coexistence while you're at it.

</form></form>
  • cantleave
    cantleave

She also indicated that Homosexuality was a choice being presented by many educators.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22076886

Interesting read about the "what if..." question

• designs
    designs

konceptual - nice article, Thatcher like Reagan unleased the monsters of deregulation and it does goose the economy until the financial gougers and malfeasance hits that predictable wall like our economy did in the late 1980s-early1990s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit