Margaret Thatcher has Died

by cantleave 99 Replies latest social current

• besty
    besty
    Most of the problems we have in the UK now are down to years of that baffoon Tony Blair (B Liar) and his Scottish buddy Gordon Brown

Blair was born in Scotland, also educated there in part, with Scots-Irish parents. <sidepoint - Is 'Scottish' acceptable in the pejorative context you have used here StGofE - susbstiture in 'black,brown,gay' and see if that works the same way you have used 'Scottish'>

Anyways....Thatcher's place in history is assured for a whole variety of reasons - exceptional woman.

• soontobe
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Her dementia, like St. Ronnie's, clearly started earlier than previously thought.

UK punks fuck off

During the "awfully bad Labour administration" that ended with the election of Thatcher in 1979, unemployment was at 5.4%. By Nov 1983 her regime had moved the 'official' rate to 11.8%.

And that 11.8% was a heavily massaged figure. In some areas of the country particularly badly hit by her cuts, those unemployed reached over 50% of the working-age population.

Tramp the Dirt Down!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"As the last journey of this faithful pilgrim took (her) beyond the sunset, and as heaven's morning broke, I like to think -- in the words of Bunyan -- that 'all the trumpets sounded on the other side."

Reworked quote from Thatchers eulogy to Ronald Reagan.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was never a fan. Her son seemed stuck up but ther daughter seemed down to earth.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

She single handedly cut down much of the coal industry in the country which eventually created havoc in many small

townships that were centered around coal mining.

She did some good for the country but also did some bad as well.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I admired her

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Older woman walked by about a half hour ago, and a coworker sent me a PM saying, "I thought she died today?" I replied who? Then it hit me.

• soontobe
    soontobe
    During the "awfully bad Labour administration" that ended with the election of Thatcher in 1979, unemployment was at 5.4%. By Nov 1983 her regime had moved the 'official' rate to 11.8%.

And inflation was as high as 26% before she became PM. It was 18% in 1979.

Your dancing on the dead is in extremely poor taste.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Too soon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit