Bethel Brother's explanation to young mother as to WHY God would destroy children at armegeddon

by Newly Enlightened 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• mP
    mP

Rattlesnakes arenot vicious. Humans a million times more violent than all other animals put together. Just look at the cause and effect of our communities. NO other animal creates a desert int he same way we do.

• blondie
    blondie

I heard a smiliar comment attributed to Fred Franz, that when you kill lice you have to get the nits too.

Excue me that was:

Fred Franz's epithet.. "LITTLE NITS GROW UP TO BE BIG NITS"..

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and Fred had a wit so does that make him a nitwit? Or his vision frowing dim, he became a dimwit.

So was the CO speaking from the viewpoint of a snake?

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Anyone that was a JW for any length of time, I'm sure has heard these idiotic things said from a cold & heartless cult.

They moved out of AZ years ago and I know the chances of her being on here with us is slim to 0 but.....

C.L if you are out there, just to let you know I was thinking of you today. If you are on here with us, PM me please.

NE

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Is it any wonder why WT has an organization of people that are predominantly judgmental and hardened emotionally to the outside world?

When leadership is promoting this kind of twisted thinking, two things happen: it drives away good, honest-hearted persons while attracting those who find this kind of hateful rhetoric appealing.

This toxic viewpoint is no longer directed exclusively toward non-JWs. About 18 months ago I listened to a Circuit Overseer speak quite enthusiastically about how, not only were ALL non-JWs going to die at Armageddon, but MOST JWs will not make it either! Why? Most JWs are not doing enough for the Org. He explained that it does not matter how good you're trying to be, or if you're doing all you can in "theocratic service"- it probably is not enough. You may be convinced in your own mind you are doing all you can, but God probably sees it much differently. According to this CO, you won't know until right before God murders you along with 8 billion other "wicked" people that you didn't measure up. His whole attitude was, 'oh well- more room on earth for the rest of us who survive'. What a Monkey's Ass! All this from "the most loving organization on earth".

So, the WT, in reality, hates its own people as much as it does "worldly" people. WT leadership seems to relish the idea that most Jehovah's Witnesses will soon be murdered. They don't stop to think that if most of their members are soon to be killed by god for not measuring up, this says a whole lot more about the failure of proper leadership than about those gullible enough to follow them.

Apparently, the governing body has never heard the expression, "the buck stops here".

• label licker
    label licker

Must have been that era or something in the water. My first time out in service and the PO's wife said the same thing. I said look at all those beautiful mennonite kids and she said yeah, too bad they will be destroyed at harmegeddon. I said why would you feel that way and she said big rats have little rats. That's just the way it is. I was shocked and hurt. People are not rats!!!!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yeah, remember when Jesus said to let the children come to him, so he could slaughter them?

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Good comments! Maybe the WTBT$ feels like only the ones in Bethel's/HQ around the world are going to be saved at the big 'A'. Their translation fo the bible lets you know how they feel about kids. Every bible I've looked this up in says 'HE/HIM/CHILD'. This is what the NWT says.

MT 18:1-3 In that hour the disciples came near to Jesus and said: “Who really is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens?” 2 So, calling a young child to him, he set it in their midst 3 and said: “Truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU turn around and become as young children, YOU will by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens.

Yep, IT.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"One I heard in Pioneer school referring to making return visits on people that will never come in the truth, You go and place a magazine, then you go back and place a book, then go back and have some nice conversations all the while you think your sawing off a little bit of the goat's horns but in reality you've got nothing but a 'bloody goat' so quit wasting your time with bloody goats!"

Wow. How incredibly touching. You must have felt an overwhelming amount of holy spirit in the room after that rhetoric.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I might add that a baby rattlesnake doesn't have to turn out vicious. Suppose you take good care of it. That snake is used to you, and doesn't view you as a threat. So, it does not attack. The snake does not bite you--but it might well bite someone that would harm you. It might also bite a burglar that intended to steal or harm your family.

And, if a snake can identify you as a friend, couldn't a child? Before the age of 7, they are religiously neutral. Suppose you start with an infant of "worldly" parents (both parents are worldly). Armageddon comes before the baby is even able to speak. It should be possible to train that baby in the "truth" and unnecessary to destroy it. And most of that training would happen by the community after the parents are destroyed. Thus, there is almost no chance of this explanation holding up. Why destroy someone you could save? Unless, that is, you are trying to hold the children hostage to guilt the parents into doing more and frighten the children into staying in a bad religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit