Bethel Brother's explanation to young mother as to WHY God would destroy children at armegeddon

by Newly Enlightened 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Back when we were still active in the cong. we became friends with a young couple with 2 small kids. They were newly baptized and wanting a better future for their kids. At one of our district conv. we had a brother come out from NY headquarters to give a talk. His talk was about our kids and how there was nothing out in the world for them and Satan just wanted them so he could chew them up, get out all of their youth and vitality then spit them out then Jehovah would have to destroy them at armegeddon. Very graphic and vivid to the young couple. We were standing and talking to them during the lunch break about the graphic talk when the Bethel brother came walking by. We stopped him and introduced ourselves. After several minutes the young mother bluntly asked the brother, "Your talk was kind of disturbing why is Jehovah going to destroy all the children when they're innocent?" I could tell by her shaky voice that this really bothered her.

Guess what the heartless bastard said?

"Well, when a lamb is born they are naturally humble and docile. Here in the Southwest you have rattlesnakes. If you take a baby rattlesnake when its first born and take it away from its mother, when it grows up, its still going to be a rattlesnake and it will still bite you and poison you. That's why Jehovah has to destroy the children also, because of their parents."

I saw the tears in the young mothers eyes and I wanted to smack him one for being a heartless a$$. We told her later when we were alone. "That unlike rattlesnakes that function on instinct, humans have the capacity for love, learning, knowledge and compassion. Jesus can read heart conditions so we can trust him to be a fair judge."

It's funny ironically, that when you learn TTATT, you start thinking back to all the idiotic things you heard & believed as a JW. You realize that you've grown beyond them and have become more HUMAN.

Peace & love to all

NE

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

What a prick.

Shows what a lifetime of super hard core brainwashing can do to a person, he actually thinks killing HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of innocent children is just the greatest thing in the world. If that's their God, I don't want to live under his rules.

That teaching, however, is one of the best things you can use to get the hamster wheel spinnin' up in a JW head.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Makes me think of the quote:

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians, they are so unlike your Christ.

• thinking_ability
    thinking_ability

Using that reasoning.........

Jehovah is the ultimate parent right? However a third (or something like that) of his spirit children turned into demons. And then theres the billions of his non-jw earthly children that are wicked ones destined for destruction. So if children are destined to turn out the way of their parents, what sort of a parent is Jehovah then?

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Excellent point! I wish I would have thought about that and asked that Bethel jerk!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

If Jah is the parent, why not kill two when the sin happened instead of 7 billion down the road (plus everyone else who dies along the way).

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Did that seriously happen just like that?!

Like no hyperbole or anything like that?

Those Bethel speakers can really be disconnected morons. I asked one for a refference that he referred to a few times in his part that I was impressed with. This is when I was a loyalist. He immediately asked me why i wanted to know, that I didn't need that information, got very defensive, and downright rude. I said....."so you're not going to tell me the name of a refference book? For real?"

Then we were interrupted.

(the) truth is stranger than fiction.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So..........the quesiton is: Did a loving God create such a vicious animal (rattlesnake)?

Or is it the product of godless evolution?

Doc

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

I was standing there beside my wife and the young couple and I swear he did say that! No joke!

One I heard in Pioneer school referring to making return visits on people that will never come in the truth, You go and place a magazine, then you go back and place a book, then go back and have some nice conversations all the while you think your sawing off a little bit of the goat's horns but in reality you've got nothing but a 'bloody goat' so quit wasting your time with bloody goats!

This was from the mouth of a C.O.

I'm glad I'm not judging people. You just can't make up this kind of stupidity.

Affectionately Brother of the Hawk [I will surrender my mind no more, forever.]

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

And these are the ones who write the magazines which tell us how to live our lives. Is it any wonder JWs are messed up after years of hearing that rubbish?

I remember when my little niece was born to non-JW parents and I'd pray earnestly, begging Jehovah not to destroy her because how could he destroy an innocent little baby? I never thought about what Armageddon would mean for the little children until my niece was born. I'm so relieved to learn TTATT because now I live with the knowledge that my niece will grow up and we can be friends for the rest of my life.

This religion is so heartless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit