Bethel Brother's explanation to young mother as to WHY God would destroy children at armegeddon

by Newly Enlightened 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

This all makes sense when you look at Watchtower's theology:

Jesus is no longer our Mediator- the Governing Body is.

By extension, Jesus is no longer our Judge- the Organization is.

Therefore, any JW, especially the elite members bearing fancy titles, take it upon themselves to judge another person's worth, motives and heart condition. Jesus is no longer necessary. The "Titled" will do the judging for Him- all he's required to do is kill them after getting his orders from Watchtower. Look at the Org. as the "Mob Boss" and Jesus as the "Hit Man".

And the WT wonders why people are leaving....

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

during a bookstudy this elders wife was going off about how she hated the worldly children that came into her store and that she wanted to kill them, but couldnt as waiting on God is the right thing to do. I sat there stunned, but then was more stunned at the fact that all the other people were agreeing with her. Jw's are insane.

• Mum
    Mum

The young mother probably was expecting an insightful, Biblical response, not a dismissal of every human being born to the "wrong" sort of parents. In fact, I have seen horrible, abusive parents have marvelous children and vice versa.

Did any of you see the frormer prisoner / escapee from North Korea on 60 Minutes a couple of months ago? He was the third generation of his family to be imprisoned because of something his grandfather allegedly did.

So, the JW's apparently live by the same philosophy as the North Koreans. What does it have to do with the Bible?

• VM44
    VM44

Someone should have told the Bethel speaker the following:

People are not Rattlesnakes!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve heard the same story..

Only..

RattleSnake was replaced with Rat..

.......................... ... OUTLAW

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AndDontCallMeShirley - "And the WT wonders why people are leaving...."

Personally, I don't think they're wondering.

I think they know.

I've suspected (for a long time) that they are more-or-less doing it on purpose to pare the R&F down to a more mangeable level. They can spin it as a possible fulfilment of the "greater number cooling off" prophecy (and thusly reinforcing that we're even deeper into the Time of the End), and they're all but guaranteed that the remaining die-hards will be even more resolute in their loyalty to the Org.

• likeabird
    likeabird
    So..........the quesiton is: Did a loving God create such a vicious animal (rattlesnake)?
    Or is it the product of godless evolution?
    Doc

Or you could have asked him, what happened to the rattlesnake in the flood of Noah's day? Did Jehovah make a space for it on the ark?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Vidiot: I've suspected (for a long time) that they are more-or-less doing it on purpose to pare the R&F down to a more mangeable level

ADCMS: Could be. But, doesn't fewer Jehovah's Witnesses mean less income for the Watchtower? And, the more affluent countries are primarily the ones supporting the WT financially, and that is where the falling numbers are occurring more dramatically. If the WT, by all appearances, is suffering a financial squeeze now, how will it fair with even fewer Jehovah's Witnesses who have the means to continue donating?

Somehow I don't think the Organization can survive on the meager donations of Umbuku the poor sharecropper living in Zimbabwe.

But, on the surface, the WTs escalating legalism, demand for unending "do more" service and laughable doctrines seems to be for no other purpose than to cull the herd by finding more creative ways to either disfellowship people or insult their intellect. I would agree with you on that.

The WT has always used increasing numbers as a sign of God's blessing and the imminence of Armageddon. Falling numbers and a shrinking Organization becomes increasingly difficult to explain. This can be hidden from JWs that have little or no access to information, but becomes a real issue in developed nations where the information can be assimilated and seen for what it is. Not that rational, logical, truthful explanations have ever been a foundational cornerstone of WT theology, but at some point the explanations will have to become so absurd JWs will leave for no other reason than they've reached their human limit for dealing with stupidity.

• Adam Believed
    Adam Believed

LostGeneration Said - "Shows what a lifetime of super hard core brainwashing can do to a person, he actually thinks killing HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of innocent children is just the greatest thing in the world".

And Blondie Said - "I heard a smiliar comment attributed to Fred Franz, that when you kill lice you have to get the nits too".

These comments and the original post reminds me of a Documentary I was watching featuring an indepth look at Auschwitz (Auschwitz, Inside the Nazi State) and the architects of the death camps. A few former SS soldiers were asked how they could have had a hand in the killing of children? A couple of the SS members answered they understood the children were innocent at the time... but that they would grow up to be adult jews and then pose a threat. Oskar Gröning An 8 Minute Clip form show on Youtube. At about minute 4 is where Oskar Gröning describes why he thought Jewish children should be murdered. Truly heart breaking! I guess Jehovah god, Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Himmler, Joseph Mengele and the rest of the Nazi party have a lot in common. For me, looking at a tangable and recent example of genocide puts the idea of a god destroying innocent people, especially children, into a pespective my mind can comprehend... It's disgusting and appalling! I can't watch without feeling sick...

Holocaust Encyclopedia

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit