When You Learned TTATT, the truth about the truth(tm) How Did It Make You Feel?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Initially - relieved.

Betrayed, angry, hurt, lonely, powerful. FAN *F* TASTIC

• Kristina1972
    Kristina1972

Duped. Depressed. Confused. Foolish. Then very very angry.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I knew it wasn't the truth when I was twenty but it took a couple of years to dig myself out. I had hoped I could treat it the way a lot of others treat their religion......just a tradition....a place that's a small part of your community. But I realized that my friendships were not going to survive my change of heart.

My wife and I were out in our early 20's and never looked back. I lost my draft deferment .....during the Vietnam War......and soon after they announced that 1975 was a key mile post for the end.

We didn't look back we kept charging ahead raising our family, exploring interesting work, making new friends. The decades rolled by filled with great times and great memories. Four decades later I found this place and started catching up. Nothing really has changed during that time. The JW's are still a 19 century religion. According to Pew they are the least educated and poorest group in the USA save one or two others.

I decided that they started to go down hill after i left....lol. But in all truth you can't consistenly lose your best and brightest and grow into a meanful organization.

• label licker
    label licker

If anything I can thank society for giving me all these different emotions(feelings of a gutted out fish/a dead stuck pig)that I never thought I had as well as thanking them for the emotional and physical abuse I went through caused by them. I wasn't even aware of society's agenda now knowing what their definition of conditional love means. I wouldn't be where or whom I am today if it wouldn't have been for all that "love". I'm a much better person for it. It answers soooo many questions as to the abuse me and my siblings had to endure from jw father. Explains why jw mother took her life and why none of the family have anything to do with each other.(horrific memories) Explains why I had no children but will give the shirt off my back to the underdogs. I think all of you would agree that there's no other people that are more compassionate and careing than all of us for what we've been subjected to and for that I am thankful. Have a good life now and time to move on Wish all of you the best in your journeys.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Joy. Tons off me. My gut said to run for dear life. I sat in class lecture and read. Trying to hide tears, I sought my prof or even administration to thank them without explaining why. My fa family kept receiving calls of orgasme delight as I exclaimed we were totally free

• d
    d

I felt angry at first and fell into a existential crisis but am now much better after leaving. Can not believe it has been 5 yrs since 2008.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

D,
    Just thought I would put a link on existential crisis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existential_crisis

An existential crisis is a moment at which an individual questions the very foundations of his or her life: whether his or her life has any meaning, purpose or value. [ 1 ] This issue of the meaning and purpose of existence is the topic of the philosophical school of existentialism

Description

An existential crisis may result from:

• The sense of being alone and isolated in the world;
    • A new-found grasp or appreciation of one's mortality;
    • Believing that one's life has no purpose or external meaning;
    • Searching for the meaning of life;
    • Awareness of one's freedom and the consequences of accepting or rejecting that freedom;
    • An extremely pleasurable or hurtful experience that leaves one seeking meaning;

An existential crisis is often provoked by a significant event in the person's life — psychological trauma, marriage, separation, major loss, the death of a loved one, a life-threatening experience, a new love partner, psychoactive drug use, adult children leaving home, reaching a personally-significant age (turning 16, turning 40, etc.), etc. Usually, it provokes the sufferer's introspection about personal mortality, thus revealing the psychological repression of said awareness

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you everyone, for your own personal responses.

My daughter and I, are, one year out, from learning TTATT. We are fading, but do not attend the KHall, or associate in any way. This had been a recuperative year for us. If there was a meet up, close by, I would very much like to attend, but then again, I would be so cautious, I do not want to be outed.

If we had met up, I would like to know how you felt after learning TTATT...and these posts, have had to take that place as though we did have a party and I could speak to each of you, who posted.

Thank you for your share, in this "party". It would be lovely to meet you all one day.

Just Lois

• flipper
    flipper

LOIS LANE - Thanks for posting the thread ! It would be great to meet you & your daughter also sometime. We are having the annual Tahoefest gathering at South Lake Tahoe this summer July 5th, 6th, & 7th - if you are able to come you'd really enjoy meeting about 25 - 30 of us from the JWN board here ! It's the 6th straight year we've done it ! I don't know where on this planet you live approximately- but we'd love to have you come. So consider this an invitation ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• *lost*
    *lost*

Frankie excellent, thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit