When You Learned TTATT, the truth about the truth(tm) How Did It Make You Feel?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SophieG
    SophieG

Relieved... I realized I was not nuts!

Free

Anger

Determination...to support the next generation in my family as they wake up and to never raise my (future) child in such madness! Already planning her first birthday party in my head! :)

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Confused, angry then relief. No longer trapped and finally very happy.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'll admit that soon after I had realized the extent of the deception I wanted to get revenge on the top leaders of the scam and if I could have figured out a way to do it without getting caught or myself being too inconvenienced in anyway I would have done it in a New York second.

After the anger subsided I was unmotivated for any revenge and my life came to a stand still for a time while I took up learning more and more of what ever subject piqued my fancy. Now I just roll with the punches and try to enjoy what remaining time I have.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I am so thankful I always kept a close relationship with my 'worldly' parents and brother despite the wedges the wt and the cong tried to drive between us. That's one way in which they didn't get to me and now I'm on my way out, another feeling about learning ttatt is a deeper connection to my family. I also always was secretly proud about my brother's career success,and felt guilty for it, so after years and years, I finally told him how proud I am,of him! I don't think he knew what to think!

• Fernando
    Fernando

At the time the initial shock overwhelmed the emerging delight at being finally free to investigate, question, reason, think, speak, write, disagree and associate.

Over time it was truly empowering to finally realise that the emperor was naked, and to be able to explain it in irrefutable detail, along with powerful alternatives.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Pickler
    Pickler

Shocked, and really angry & just so sad.

Even though I've been out for so long, a part of me still believed that it might be true. Or at least I really truly believed that those at the top believed it was true. The things that I've read here about bethel, and the deliberate lies & coverups in the literature.

What has struck me is that the price paid by the rank & file has been so high, from wasted lives to actual lost lives, like those poor Malawi brothers & sisters. And people who had to go to jail, or stay with an abusive husband, or never talk to their families......appalling.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you, everyone, for your honest, heart-felt replies.

I have survived, one year out, knowing TTATT.

I can see it so plainly, now.

It is wonderful, to know, we have a future...of our own choosing.

If I plant a tree, I can keep enjoying it in 20 years. As a JW, I felt so frustrated, as in, what was the point of doing anything, besides pioneering, because everything is going to be destroyed...and being guilted , to open your mouth at "every opportunity" because "you don't want to be blood guilty , do you"?

I wonder when the Elders appointed to be the Financial advisors for the Watch Tower Society, go to their stock holders meetings, do they preach to their fellow attendees? I rather think not. It's a farce. Getting rid of feeling guilty...not commenting, not going to meetings, not going d2d, not "preaching to everyone you meet" like a megatron idiot. (Carry a small Bible in your purse or school bag. Read your literature in public places. Be ready to make a defense of your faith, at every opportunity) . What a relief to be done with all that stupidity. With all the flip flops in "solid" for the moment doctrine, I was doubting my own sanity. I thought we absolutely, couldn't have transplants...became...if you need one, have one. I thought we absolutely, couldn't have blood transfusions. Blood was wrong. Now, its ...if you need blood fractions, have blood fraction. Armageddon is absolutely so close, work for us for free, don't even think about getting an education... blaw , blaw , blaw , blaw , blaw .

What stupid, stupid drudgery, they kept us under. No more!

We are free now. Where ever you are ((((((((Hugs to All of us Survivors/Thrivers))))))))

Have a great week-end!

Just Lois

• flipper
    flipper

I felt angry at the injustices committed towards JW's from the WT Society in controlling their minds. I felt angry about injustices committed against me and how my JW family is ensaved by the WT Society, especially my adult daughters. I felt angry about how Ray Franz and Ed Dunlap were treated unjustly. And I felt that I really wanted to start really LIVING my life to the full after being controlled, deceived, and lied to for 44 years. And I wanted to be there for others who had made the same discoveries. We are all here for each other

• Elizabeth123
    Elizabeth123

i felt anchorless for about two weeks and went through the five stages of grief, minus barganing. but at the same time, i felt unbelievable relief. i never did want that religion to be the truth. it was just too controling and stressful to be appealing to me.

--White Dove

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All of the above, but also GULLIBLE.

How did I ever really believe so much of this total Bullshit?

Dissonance Resolved describes it perfectly: Like that scene in Star Wars where Princess Leia watches her whole world blown to pieces and there isn't a darn thing she can do about it.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit