When You Learned TTATT, the truth about the truth(tm) How Did It Make You Feel?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Betrayed

Anger

Used

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Dizzy and confused at first. Then mad only for a short while. Then sad for the years wasted and for friends and family who I knew would not understand. Then determined to get out and get away. Then light and free.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gutted. Then, relief and euphoria. Anger set in later and lasted for quite a few yrs.

S

• Mum
    Mum

Happy and freeeee! I figured it out at a JC. They were such a**holes that I didn't want anything to do with a god who would choose them.

I had my family back, didn't have to worry about my non-JW family surviving Armageddon, could go back to school and do whatever I liked! I was worried that my daughter might grow up and want to be a JW, but that didn't happen either (the JW part, not the growing up part ). I am so lucky!

I went to an ex-JW friend's place of employment, and we rejoiced together. She said, "They're lost and 'way downstream." That says it.

• jw07
    jw07

Pissed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

So many of these read like variations on the "five stages of grief".

For my part, mostly anger, not for anything done to me personally, but to others. I asked myself, "why the hell has the pedo problem not been properly solved, yet?"

A possible answer came to me shortly after; "an authority figure(s) who stonewalls the proper solution to a given problem is often personally involved in said problem".

My anger passed fairly quickly; believe it or not, my otherwise devout JW parents instilled in me certain attitudes that actually helped accept TTATT and subsequently fade realtively easily.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Confused. Disillusioned. Lost.

• QC
    QC

embarrassed

searched a fix

found a fix

very happy

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Anger and happiness. Angry that I've been duped and happiness that I no longer had to go to meetings and listen to bullshit.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

guilt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit