AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Love it. Great video.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

The Quiet One - It seems like most of those involved have a track record such that most of us will not be overly suspicious that they will use donations in a nefarious way. Obviously no one has to donate who doesn't feel comfortable doing so. It seems that if anyone is uncomfortable the best course would be to wait and see what they do instead of being critical. To me, a crisis hotline seems like a great idea. Even if a couple people might be paranoid about calling in, it shouldn't stop them from helping the rest.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Chase, you ready to graduate and get established with the real world? When is the big date?

• cedars
    cedars

The Quiet One

It's not an attack, it is an honest question. Having just read up on how toll-free lines work, there's no way that I'd feel safe giving any details that could be traced back to me to 8 people I've never met.

You suggest that our newly incorporated organization would set up a toll-free helpline just to extract people's personal details and use these against them - and this isn't an attack? Fair enough. I've yet to read anything optimistic about our organization in any of your comments, but then I don't expect everyone to like us. We're not asking for everyone to support us - we're just letting you know that we are here. Whether you personally choose to avail yourself of our help and support is entirely down to you. I just find it curious that you feel compelled to try and put other people off by suggesting things as ludicrous as this.

Cedars

• The Quiet One
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Like anything a person who decides to call for help has to take a leap in judgement that the people they are asking will be able to help or able to direct them to help.

If a person emails us or writes a letter or makes a call there has to be trust on both sides. It makes little difference to me if a person chooses to use a fake name or a private email address unknown to other peeople where they live or a PO Box number that no one can access but them.

Our goal is to help, to listen, to offer suggestions and ideas where they can go locally for help if needed.

If they don't have a small amount of trust to make that first contact there isn't much we can do. But once they have made that effort their trust in us will be respected.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Hey Arboles - yes! In about 5 weeks.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"You suggest that our newly incorporated organization would set up a toll-free helpline just to extract people's personal details and use these against them" -- I never suggested that, I was questioning who gets access to the information.. Never mind.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Hope that nobody confuses you with any of these.. ;) http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=AAWA

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks to the 22 people who have sent in questionnaire forms already. It's a great start - the network is growing!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit