AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Brilliantly done!

As it turns out, people matter!

Marvin Shilmer

• Splash
    Splash

The alternative 8 member governing body:

AAWA is legally incorporated in Arizona. It comprises of an advisory board of eight individuals including...

• Myself
    • Barbara Anderson
    • Richard E Kelly
    • Paul Grundy (jwfacts)
    • Mickey Hudson (Danmera)
    • Bo Juel Jensen
    • Lee Marsh (Lady Lee)
    • John Hoyle (Juan Viejo2)
  • cedars
    cedars

lol, Splash - I assure you the number 8 wasn't intentional! It was 7 to begin with, but we had a late arrival who we just HAD to recruit, as you will see in our article.

Cedars

• cofty
    cofty

Well done all of you.

I have bookmarked your website to read it thoroughly later.

• Londo111
  • Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

The Korah Class.

This is great news.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I admire your determination, but I have 2 questions.. How specifically does it benefit Exjw's to have an organisation, and how will any donations be used? I fail to see how even a large organisation who oppose the Watchtower could hope to peacefully talk 8 men who think they have God behind them into changing their views.. I can imagine them spinning all of this as 'gog gathering his crowd to try to attack jehovahs people', furthering their goal of having jw's think that Satan is out to get them..

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Quiet One - We all have at least two questions. Nothing is set in concrete (you have no idea how many changes we made in the last 24 hours before going online). Along with our questions, we all know that none of us has the answers, but we have to start some where and get this ball rolling or nothing will get done.

Originally Richard Kelly wanted to be the anti-type of Judge Rutherford, I would be C T Russel, and Cedars was going to be Fred Franz in our replacement version of the Governing Body. But we all realized that Danmera, Barbara, and Lady Lee were all more efficient, smarter, and better looking than we were. Would Governing Body 2.0 have to allow women to be members? And then there were the foreigners, Bo and Paul. Would we have to give them equal status over us Americans and a Brit? Unheard of apostacy!

But I can't grow a decent beard, Dick Kelly isn't the dictator type, and Cedars is not batshit crazy (although I hear he does walk around with a pocket protector and stares at his shoes).

So I guess our group will have to take a entirely new approach to being Governing Body 2.0. Somehow I think we will just be ourselves and join with the other volunteers to achieve our goal. We don't want to become the new Governing Body, but find ways to get the current governing body to change their ways in positive and loving ways. They can keep their jobs - we don't want them. But they need to do a lot better serving their flock. That is our goal.

JV

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I cried buckets of tears while watching this video! I left almost 25 years ago, and I was totally alone with no one to talk to. Operations like this will make it easier for jws to leave the organization. Not taking anything awa from JWN, mind you! But to have faces to match names is extraordinary.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"(you have no idea how many changes we made in the last 24 hours before going online). Along with our questions, we all know that none of us has the answers" -- The GB will be quaking in their boots when they hear this, I'm sure.. Best of luck to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit