How long have we waited? DATELINE

by biblexaminer 37 Replies latest social current

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Eloquent?

Goeth Yonder and Fucketh Thyself!!!! :)

• LB
    LB

I for one have fucked myself over and over again. It's bad advice. This activity works much better with a friend.

I would love the Dateline show to be a blockbuster. At the very least it will settle those who have suffered these things. I do think the general public won't give a shit.

Again my main hope is it may reach a few that are studying.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Valis
    Valis

I would like to profer another facet, or two, to all of this. Making yourself a person involved in public issues exposes you to criticism, whether good or bad. Bill is not a fool and obviously has thick enough skin to endure both, I'm sure. It is our responsibility to play the vigillant skeptic, especially in regards to things in JWland. Those things that touch us most deserve the most scrutiny. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool, or is still a Jehovahs Witness. Having said that, I would also like to mention that ad hominem attacks from both sides of the ultra emotional issue, serve no purpose in the serious debate at hand. If prying into the matter is only for a few, then perhaps we should go back to something more familiar. Like having select people in charge of deciding what is right or worthy of discussing in public, among friends, colleagues, brothers and sisters....as it were. I would also like to respond to the following quote...

The actual victims of child abuse who need and deserve to be taken seriously have a hard enough battle to be believed without having exaggerations and hyperbole and hype being foisted upon them.
    joel is exactly right and we could entertain the notion that the whole upcoming Dateline issue is in itself hype and hyperbole. He should also revise his concept of child abuse, because every child raised a JW suffers one form of abuse or another. We all deserve to be taken seriously, even if the language gets out of hand. Especially when we are talking about something relevant to each of us. Implying the skeptics don't care or think the work of silentlambs.org is unimportant, is a sure sign of being emotionally unstable, easily controlled, and reactionary to say the least. If Dateline happens, then good for us. If not, Simon gets some bandwidth back.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Simon
    Simon

MadApostate: This is not the first time you have 'harrassed' someone on the forum and I will not tollerate the "Go F*** yourself" posts so I have deactivated your account ... perhaps you could email me if you'd like to discuss reactivating your account?

Mr & Mrs Bowen certainly owe you no explanation or apology IMHO - they have done a great deal of work and deserve our support, not criticism.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I think the harassment on this thread should stop now.

Bill,

You have done a great job and you are very lucky to have a spouse that supports you in this. And Barb, if you are reading - you too!!

Please have patience people - and that includes my good friend, Bx. It was suggested to me that at its earliest it could have been late Feb and then March - now it is April. You people are god damn lucky that a major TV network has taken an interest in this story. Do you people realize there are 284 million Americans and thus, there are millions of stories just as interesting to a TV station like NBC. Bill and Barb spent a lot of time on this just so NBC would get it right. I remember Keith Morrison's NBC Dateline story on blood back in 1999 and what happens when a TV show does not get it right - how embarrassing. So maybe you people could thank Bill, Barb and an unknown number of others who I have forgotton by having a little patience.

Mad Apostate - take it easy big guy. There has actually been 2 lawsuits posted publicly on this board and not one lawsuit (remember Erica!). But more to come. I can assure you this TV thing is a go. Who the hell cares when it is aired - the big thing is - it will be aired.

BTW - The 1978 "Beacon" came in but I am on strike and cannot Email it to you or post it. Oddly it is somewhat different than what you posted on his essay - the essay in the Beacon is his exact speech to the UN and leaves out the entire sentence that talks to the number of catholic NGOs!!! I will be going to the University of Ottawa within two or three weeks to look up the book you suggested to see the amended version - as long as this strike ends.

hawk

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I am with Hawk.

Grow up.

• JenGill97
    JenGill97

Word is the episode on Dateline will air in May... just for your information.

Jen

• sf
    sf

Jen,

Nice website you have.

"Word IS..."

Please, word up girl. Do tell.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit