warped logic from the memorial talk

by why144000 54 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Reveiwing the previous posts I`m glad I stopped going 10 years ago .

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Londo said: I do wonder if they are gearing to drop the whole Invisible Presence idea...and 1914 and 607. They almost seem to be teaching the Rapture, but just for a few thousand.

If I was standing when I heard that, I would have fallen over. I too heard the speaker say "taken up".

Something big's a-stirrin'.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just my perspective, but why wouldn't it be possible or wrong for both people, heavily anointed and earthy chosen to both partake ?

Both are to devout themselves to him and join in a covenant with him. This is what it says in the Scriptures.

Where in the bible does it say in (Jesus's own words) that only the ones with a heavenly direction should partake in symbolism to their devotion?

Come on you bible theologians ?

• BU2B
    BU2B

They tie it into the blood or wine being part of the new covenant which they say those with the earthly hope are not a part of so thats why they cant partake

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Is this the JWs or Xtians referring to the 'rapture'?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They tie it into the blood or wine being part of the new covenant which they say those with the earthly hope are not a part of so

thats why they cant partake

Sorry but I thought when Jesus spoke of establishing a new covenant he was speaking to all mankind .

Does the bible clearly say that only those who wish to be with him in heaven should partake of the emblems ?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    Our speaker stated that Abraham never even thought about going to heaven...

Yes, our speaker stated this very emphatically, about Abraham, Isaac, and the other usual faithful servants of old.

Anyway, I think a lot of you are very confused right now Perhaps your speakers did a bad job of making the point, but please read this scripture out loud:

26 For as often as YOU eat this loaf and drink this cup, YOU keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives.

(1 Cor. 11:26)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He said the exact same at our Hall. It must have been in he script.

• pixel
    pixel

These people will say anyrhing to discourage eating and drinking. Just say that the bread and wine have poison and get over it!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The flaw with this logic is that it relies on the "two hopes" dogma, which far from proven to start with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit