warped logic from the memorial talk

by why144000 54 Replies latest jw friends

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Dang, he's reading so far off the outline, there must be words on that gum stuck in the carpet.

• prologos
    prologos

and did he (Jesus) not tell the co-defendant on death row (of three) on their dying day ---- "you will be with me in paradi whenever where ever, covered by the new covenant, paradise without wine, without bread?

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Just got back from mine and the speaker said the same thing. Also, likened us to a computer with a virus and Jesus was the antidote. At the end, he mentioned being part of a family, under Jehovah, and that a family has rules. Some choose to be homeless, by rejecting the rules in the family. (Threat to the teens that want to leave with validation to parents to kick them out)? He said, look around, this is our family. These are our brothers and sisters. We had at least eight halls meet in one location, with over 1300 attending.

• Terry
    Terry

Remind the elder that "when Jesus arrives" was back in 1914.

According to the Watchtower back then he DID take the remnant to heaven and has continued to do so (as they die.)

The Memorial is just that--something to do as a remembrance...UNTIL....1914.

That's when it should have stopped.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I went to show my union with Christ. The speaker got carried away about 'bunny rabbits peeping from behind bushes in the paradise earth', he was apparently relating it to Isaiah? He also mentioned the 140,000? deliberate mistake? who knows. I partook as I should.

Loz x

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

So.. is this a way to try and suppress another uptick in the partaking numbers?

• watson
    watson

Applying what you say, is not obvious to me, Captain..

• Londo111
    Londo111

I do wonder if they are gearing to drop the whole Invisible Presence idea...and 1914 and 607. They almost seem to be teaching the Rapture, but just for a few thousand.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Wow,you all went and paid attention,I just blanked everything out and just looked up the scriptures. I hate the new versions of the songs,can't get over how awful they are every year.

• Joliette
    Joliette

This is what the speaker said at the memorial tonight at my parents hall. Thats very warped logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit