Long time reader first time poster

by MissMyHarley 38 Replies latest jw friends

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome, glad you haven't wasted too much time.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Welcome MissMyHarley! I know you can't understand how you could have been taken in by it. Same here ! We got there in the end, look forward to your story.

• Emery
    Emery

welcome, can't wait to hear your story.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Don't berate yourself.

The idea that college trained people can't get sucked into a cult is a myth.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome!

It doesn't matter how bright you are, you can still be sucked into a cult.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome MissMyHarley. Don't worry. Just take your time with all of this. We all understand the anxiiety you are going through. The first time I posted I was looking for something bad to happen. Instead everyone welcome me with humor and open arms. Thank you for letting us know you are out there and we are here to listen and give you encouragement. Take Care. Totally ADD

• AnneB
    AnneB

You could be very right about being used to protect your mother. Take things a step at a time; you may decide to "go inactive" after her affairs are arranged, just to make sure they don't go behind your back and get her to restate her will...it's been known to happen, especially if there is a sizable estate. (Search this site for examples.)

If degrees are a feather, an estate willed to WT is the whole dang cap!

In friendship,

AB

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

Missmyharley,

As far as degrees go, i also have a BS, happens to be in geology! My college mentor and colleagues were flabbergasted when I took the plunge and became a JW. Maybe it was the relentless love bombing we got, who knows ? I wasted 14 years convincing myself i was in a good place...So don't feel bad just be thankful you are awakening so soon! Fade out and ride more! Looking forward to hearing more of your story!

Slavenomore

• Thor
    Thor

Hi and welcome.

What kind of bike do you have?

I will be blessing by bike with a new battery this spring, can't wait!!

Thor

• MissMyHarley
    MissMyHarley

2002 Road King custom paint, Bud lite blue with ghost flames. She's an old girl but so are we and Ole' Blue just purrs real nice to (thanks to Vance and Hines pipes). What kind of iron horse do you ride? My wife's eyesight is all but gone now so we might have to move to a Can Am soon, so this could be the last year for the old girl. I hope not and Nan says it's ok, she must have nerves of steel. We rode to AR last year thinking about an East Coast jont this year. Maybe NC,SC,WV,KY,TN. Have'nt rode the Dragon Tail for a couple years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit