Long time reader first time poster

by MissMyHarley 38 Replies latest jw friends

• MissMyHarley
    MissMyHarley

Trying to get out after only being in for a year or so. My wife and I were really taken in by these folks. We are both have degrees and should have known better. Anyhow mom is still in and don't want to make it hard on her. She is very old and this is all she has other than us kids. We are fading slowly.

• MissMyHarley
    MissMyHarley

Wow just proved that last post and my grammer sucks, sorry about that. We will post our background later tonight or tomorrow. What a story to tell, but I'm afraid that someone will read it here and know who we are. (That sounded kinda paranoid didn't it?) We might just keep it simple to begin with. Anyways glad to be on the way out and have some support also. I kick myself for not researching the JW's a little more before this past 6 months.Hindsight:)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Boy oh boy. Did you go all the way to baptism? With your degrees I imagine you were the local poster children for a while. A feather in someone's cap.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

welcome It's not just a matter of education to keep people out.

Glad you are getting out

• usualusername
    usualusername

Welcome!

• MissMyHarley
    MissMyHarley

Yep it was for some. Since we got dunked (as I call it) all the nicey nice is gone and all we are is a couple of cash cows in a congregation full of Walmart employees.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the family.... Dont feel bad about being captured by the false prophet

It happens to a lot of intelligent folks .I was NOT very smart when they captured my brain,
    But I have had a support group for EX JWS & we had a Proffessor who joined them.
    Many very smart loving folks. Satan is a very good lasso.....Great to have you aboard

• Londo111
    Londo111

MissMyHarley: Congrats on waking up EARLY!!!

If you've distanced yourself from non-JW friends and family, it's not too late to salvage those relationships.

Cult indoctrination happens to all. Steven Hassan said that those who are intelligent are able to find ways to rationalize more creatively than even what the cult leadership can come up with. If you haven't already, I encourage you to read Combatting Cult Mind Control.

• MissMyHarley
    MissMyHarley

We still have many of our "worldly" contacts out there. We have rode motorcycles since we semi retired 10 yrs ago. We made alot of friends during that time. So I told the wife we will begin this season with the annual Blessing of the Bikes. Something we always did but had to stop because of the implications. I will also stop and get a new demon bell for the bike (the old one was discarded for demonic reasons LOL). Thank you all for the help over the past 3-4 months, all of you have been helping us without even knowing it. I will hang out with the congo until we have my mothers estate in order to prevent the group from milking her for her money. My wife believes that karma used us to protect her. She is nearly a century old. I wonder. Again, thank you all for your sincere hopes and love.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this forum. Many have been sucked into the WTS, but you have at least seen it for what it really is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit