So...What Are YOU Doing Tonight?

by minimus 68 Replies latest jw friends

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

We're going- it's too soon in the fade to skip something like Memorial. I'm actually curious though to see how much they refer to the 144,000 as being a literal number or just as a "limited group." Definitely going to have to get a bottle of wine for after we get home, though.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'll be staying home tonight. This day is only special to me because the file for an appeal deadline is today, other than that I have no desire to memorialize this date to show appreciation for a death that did absolutely nothing for which I should be grateful.

• minimus
    minimus

This day is only important to Witnesses and family/friends who want to please them.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That is true.

• minimus
    minimus

MrsJ, you DO KNOW that you will be thinking of us when you fooling around with your hubby----especially me!

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

This will be the first memorial that I don't attend

• flipper
    flipper

Oh, is it Memorial night tonight ? I don't even keep track of that stuff anymore as it's been over 9 years since I've attended meetings. Not important in the least to me. I'll be cooking dinner for my lovely wife and watch T.V. or else practice on my guitar playing songs about positive change in the universe and people having free minds. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Good question. I have electricians coming by tomorrow so this place could use a mop and broom. Might break out a nice 2000 Heitz cabernet sauvignon (my fave) but not in a 'blood of Christ' way, more like a 'get my drink on with my wife while the kids are still away' thing. Besides, I forgot to buy crackers when I went grocery shopping last week.

I moved here last year and I don't even know where the closest Kingdom Hall is. I've had a couple Saturday morning visits since coming here but they have no idea who I am - they were elderly, so apparently the smell of brimstone from my house didn't register.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Going...

I wonder too if they will caution against partaking in case someone in the audience is contemplating it. I had a dream about that where I was outraged and spoke out in the hall, pissing off my wife.

Telling people that they cannot partake? Kind of crossed the line with me.

We'll see...

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Might commit a bit of fornication.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit