Latest KM says we need to being willing to sacrifice our life like Jonah did!!!

by life is to short 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This thread does not deliver on the title.

• yadda yadda 2
  • life is to short
    life is to short

slimboyfat?

I do not understand what you mean that it did not deliver on its title? I am so sorry to tick you off and waste your time.

LITS

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses take reckless chances. Whether risking getting pepper sprayed--or shot--by someone they know doesn't want the message, getting attacked by dogs, or getting into accidents or becoming victims of crime in areas that are too dangerous to reasonably work, they are just plain acting like idiots. And yet the washtowel claims they are doing so honorably--for joke-hova.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I just mean it doesn't exactly say what you said it says. You have to read between the lines.

• Glander
    Glander

So Jonah and Job are having a beer-

Job : Okay, okay, the whale story? spare me or I'll show you my boil scars again.

Jonah : look out, here comes that philistine looking for his foreskin!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Not to pile on, but slimboyfat is right. Some Witnesses have martyr complexes, but that's all about which cues they pick up from the literature which might go completely unnoticed or unheeded by others (and which you're still noticing years later, life is to short!).

For instance, when we came to a door with even a slightly questionable dog, usually no one would get out except a (fool)hardy brother. (Well, I would often accompany that brother, but I never said I wasn't a fool too.) But certainly sisters never got out of the car at those doors, and it didn't bother their conscience in the slightest if we just drove on. If the angels couldn't see fit to remove a big dog from their path to the door, well, we weren't accountable to God for that, right? The householder probably wasn't deserving of the truth anyway and the angels knew it, so they didn't bother helping us.

However, there's always a few JWs who are just looking for a chance to risk themselves in the name of religion. That's their interpretation of the literature based on their personality, rather than something the Society clearly asks for, but certainly the guilt trips that the Society places in their writing are very effective on some people, so I'm not disclaiming all responsibility on their part. Heck, the religion attracts martyr-types like flies on stink.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I just mean it doesn't exactly say what you said it says. You have to read between the lines.

Technically, that is true, SBF. But most people here are learning to read between the lines and see what a dangerous mind-control cult does to fool us. So for LITS to spell it out plainly in the title and then highlight the parts that actually do "imply" (instead of "exactly say") just that is a big help for some.

Paragraph #3 "When Jonah realized that his bad decision had jeopardized the lives of the mariners, he was willing to sacrifice his life. (Jonah 1:3, 4, 12) Later, when fulfilling his commission in Nineveh, he walked deep into the heart of the city, perhaps looking for a suitable location to proclaim the judgment of Jehovah. Those where the actions, not of a coward, but of a courageous prophet of God! (Jonah 3:3, 4) What about us today? God-given courage is needed to give a bold witness in the face of opposition. (Acts 4:29, 31) Self-sacrifice is required to invest time and resources in the ministry.- Acts 20: 24."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Just repeating what I said on page 1:

"You should be doing everything for the kingdom, willing to sacrifice your life. Oh, if you aren't sure you would offer your life, you should at least put money in the box when you feel guilty about your own doubt."

Yes, WTS doesn't really expect anyone to sacrifice their life for the cult. There's not really any money in that. But they imply it, so that members feel like they should at least fill the box when they hear of a deficit.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Covered.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit