Latest KM says we need to being willing to sacrifice our life like Jonah did!!!

by life is to short 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks OTWO you spelled out what I meant very well. Apognophos what you wrote is exactly how I felt. If someone had a bad dog then we should not go to the door, why risk your life for it.

But see the point I am making is that not everyone had the chance to be in hall with balanced people like you who respected the rights and feelings of others. My feeling were never respected, I was mocked, put down, had WT and Awakes thrown in my face to make me do what they wanted me to. I did not know how to fight it so I went to door and was bitten six or seven times and I was told it was my fault because I did not have enough faith. I allowed my self to be bitten I kid you not.

I was in a hall of zealots who felt we needed to give our lives or at least my life to the cause. It is impossible for one person to fight that alone. And for that I am bitter now that I look back and that I allowed myself to be bullied like I did. I tried and tried to stand up for myself but I could not fight KM's like this alone when they were thrown in my face.

LITS

• designs
    designs

JW parents put their children at risk by blocking medical treatments until a judge had to be called in to issue a court order taking the child away from its parents custody, precious time lost and very dangerous and all because some fatherless Leader in Bethel had a wild notion.

• flipper
    flipper

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Yeah, it's ridiculous how the WT Society puts it's members in danger always giving examples of it's members swimming across crocodile infested waters in Africa or South America to get the " kingdom message " across and commending missionaries for endangering their lives just to attend assemblies. I remember reading so many experiences over the years of JW's doing that while I was a Witness. WT Society couldn't care less about the welfare of it's members. As I say very often and I'll keep saying it- WT Society is a criminal organization . Just a more subtle version of the Mafia

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"a bold witness in the face of opposition."

It reads like they're trying to go back to the "good old days" for Watchtower, when they were able to win Supreme Court cases and get favorable press for their "courage" establishing civil rights. Back then, Rutherford "bravely" sent young pioneer sisters into opposed neighborhoods to get arrested or beaten. Others were sent to areas where their cars were destroyed, JWs beaten, etc.

But the scene has changed. WT can't go before the Supreme Court and demand that everyone must welcome them to their doors and silently listen to their "Bible message" without interrupting with "opposing" arguments.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    But see the point I am making is that not everyone had the chance to be in hall with balanced people like you who respected the rights and feelings of others. My feeling were never respected, I was mocked, put down, had WT and Awakes thrown in my face to make me do what they wanted me to. I did not know how to fight it so I went to door and was bitten six or seven times and I was told it was my fault because I did not have enough faith. I allowed my self to be bitten I kid you not.
    I was in a hall of zealots who felt we needed to give our lives or at least my life to the cause. It is impossible for one person to fight that alone. And for that I am bitter now that I look back and that I allowed myself to be bullied like I did. I tried and tried to stand up for myself but I could not fight KM's like this alone when they were thrown in my face.

Yikes, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm only starting to learn as I read this board that congregations could really vary quite a lot (and people's upbringing, too). I spent my whole life in one Hall, which was pretty moderate, and with a liberal upbringing, so I had no idea. Hearing some of you guys' experiences makes me realize that it was more than just a somewhat stifling religion, it was a dangerous high-control group.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FLIPPER:

Yeah, I just loved those anonymous stories of people in third-world countries who supposedly hacked their way through a jungle, swam across crocodile infested waters, climbed over a mountain, etc., etc. just to get to their meeting or assembly.

Not only were these stories a crock, they also do not take into account that people in these countries are not living in the western world where somebody has a 9 to 5 job and has to pay car insurance, home insurance and whose life is infinitely more complicated. No comparison.

The moral of these stories is to get gullible JWs all fired up and hurl themselves head-first through a cannon out there into that field service!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Billy the ex-Bethelite - "It reads like they're trying to go back to the 'good old days'..."

The GB's been nostalgic for the good old days since the good old days... Seriously, how often have we read stories here about Bethel being stuck with a 50s mentality? 'Cause I've lost count.

But you're right, it does sound shriller than usual; although I suppose when an authoritarian high-control group is being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century, it's gonna get pretty noisy...

Earplugs, anyone?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    flipper - "WT Society is a criminal organization . Just a more subtle version of the Mafia."

Nice extended family you have there...

Shame if somethin' were to isolate you from it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit