Still in with kids

by thinking_ability 40 Replies latest jw friends

• thinking_ability
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

try google chrome

• thinking_ability
    thinking_ability

sorry having issues with using my phone (dont want to use the computer.

Hello everyone, newbie here.

Well I'm a born in 3rd Generation jw but have been 'awake' for about 2 years now. I dont have problems (well much) with going to the odd meeting to keep my family and friends. However, I dont want my kids to be brainwashed. Even if I dont take them to meetings I know my family will still teach them jw nonsense. How do I teach them to tjink critically and how do I answer the big questions eg.who is God? What is armaggeddon?

I cant imagine separating my babies from all these people that lovemy babies but want them to think for themselves

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Stop taking them to meetings and raising them as JWs.

• Deus.ex.Machina
    Deus.ex.Machina

Encourage any non-JW interests they may have and stress the importance of education.

Also encourage them to have friends outside the JW circle. I think that's important for developing certain social skills that are difficult to master being raised as a JW. Because everyone at the Kingdom Hall is automatically your friend (supposedly at least), a lot of young people raised as JWs don't know how to make and maintain real friendships. They don't understand the real give and take dynamic of social support systems.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thinking_Ability, Hello and Welcome.

Sorry, it is too late at night for me to give a good answer.

Just Lois in The north Pacific at 1:15 AM

Oh, oh, oh...we have another new good guy with us tonight!

Welcome Deus.ex.Machina...Make yourself at home. Start a new thread and tell us a little bit about yourself. Don't give too many details, if your not comfortable.

Just Lois

• Pickler
    Pickler

Hey TA, welcome! You've got the chance to keep your kids minds free from this stuff...I think that is the greatest thing.

Do you know, when my son has visited his grandmother (staunch witness) he came back & one day told me how she had told him about her experiences with demons..... He laughed, and said "Mum, you know she's crazy, right?"

and that's it...right there...MENTAL FREEDOM, because that woman raised me, and she told me all about her experiences with demons since I was a baby and I will never be entirely free of it. Even though I don't believe, and I've been out for years, it's still there, that little whisper. Someone posted a thread on here about ouija boards, and I could barely read it. That's how scared I am of that stuff, even though i know it's not true.

So my point is, if you have a chance to give your kids mental freedom, take it!

your kids are lucky to be raised by a Mum Who is "awake" to the truth.

good luck to you.

Thinking_Ability...Please do not get discouraged if you don't get a lot of posts at this hour. This is a world wide Board, and I have found things are usually quiet, this time of night. Can you say which Continent you are on? North or South hemisphere?

Just Lois

• thinking_ability
    thinking_ability

I completely agree with you there Deus. And that is definitely my plan. I feel so emotionally stunted as a born in, dont want that for my kids.

Just dreading those big questions, how to answer them without telling them what to believe. Anyone else out there in a similar situation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit