I played with the Ouija board last night....

by dazed but not confused 67 Replies latest social humour

• Violia
    Violia

If there were spirits, would you trust them? Why or why not?

S

I would not place anymore trust in them than I do those with a physical body. I doubt they do anything for humans without a price attached to it. If spirit entities exist- and they do, it proves there is a creator.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Define creator. Have you met it?

S

• Violia
    Violia

creator Noun 1.A person or thing that brings something into existence. 2.Used as a name for God. Synonyms maker - originator - author - founder

This is the usual definition of creator. No, I have not "met" a creator. I guess this comes down to whether you believe that all things have a maker or things just appeared by happenstance. I believe in a creator . The spirit entities I am referring to are the spirits that were removed from heaven and not allowed back in. They are most likely the low level entities that those who dabble into the occult ( the Ouija board at times)most often meet, as they are earth bound. B/c they exist it lends credence to the Bible's story of how and why they were removed from heaven.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dazed

Do you see the gap between the belief in spirits and the belief in god? She has experience w spirits, but not w a god.

S

• Violia
    Violia

I have prayed to God and believe He hears prayers . It would never occur to me to try and speak to God directly and any spirit entity that identified themselves as such ( which has never happened) I would not believe. I would never think that God would talk to me alone except as in prayer -the usual way one approaches God. I believe in the spirit world, that is, angels exist in heaven and there are low level entities ( spirit beings) here confined to the earthly realm. These are most likely what many folks think are ghosts etc. I am not sure if the angels in heaven appear to us , but don't see why they could not. I know jws say they don't' do that now but I think they may be wrong. so if the angels in heaven can help us it would be easy to confuse who a spirit entity was, good or bad.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Dazed

Do you see the gap between the belief in spirits and the belief in god? She has experience w spirits, but not w a god.

S

I see the distinction. I never gave it much thought. Either way it makes sense that a god would be more difficult to reach than a spirit, like as king would be over his servants. Either way, I don't believe in spirits or god/gods.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'like as king would be over his servants.'

Gods are like that. It shows that they are created by people w the need for a supreme king who they can turn to for supreme justice or whatever. As 'servants' to their god, people demean themselves.

S

• Violia
    Violia

I don't think anything that has been said "shows gods have been created by people who need a supreme king who they can turn to for supreme justice" or whatever.

I believe we are responsible for our own actions and don't wait for God to help me. I help myself. I know what is right and wrong and don't need a holy book to tell me that say, murder , is wrong. I however do believe there is a supreme being who created all of this . I do think we shall all ultimately be responsible for decisions we make.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit