Assembly Survival Kit

by pronomono 27 Replies latest social humour

• pronomono
    pronomono

Ha ha. You guys are great. Unfortunately, these are all DIYs, so I'm stuck practicing sleeping with my eyes open, inventing back stories for the interesting looking people (one lady looked like she got in a fight with her wardrobe, and the wardrobe won), and as sd-7 said, reading Bible books so I actually learn something.

One thing I just learned in Genesis is that God created light, day and night before he created the sun and moon. How bassackwards is that?

2000 people and we only had two baptized. This was a first. Usually we have ten or so.

Oh well, only a few more hours.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration
    2000 people and we only had two baptized.

This made my weekend. Long live the slow, painful and drawn out death of the WTS.

• tiki
    tiki
    the best survival kit is no kit at all. just avoid the place.
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    For Assemblies in the Western States there should be some brownies with warning labels too.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    now then bruvvers--no more frivolity. this is jehovahs one true chosen religion you are poking fun at. it will make jehovah sad. and he will lovingly execute you.
  • pronomono
    pronomono
    and he will lovingly execute you.

With the axe from my survival kit?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

my mom would make sure she was able to 'survive' taking us kids to the assembly with a wide variety of 'quiet' snacks, gummy bears, jelly beans, mints, gum, cheerios, placed in quiet containers, tucked in quiet book bags or her giant quiet purse. then we have the assortment of books, tablets, coloring pencils, blanket ,pillow, THEN, to make sure we behaved, she carried a quiet wooden spoon in her purse, which my brother was smacked with in the ladies rest room, quite a bit.

after all, those snacks and coloring pencils always assist a child in siting still.... lol

• pronomono
    pronomono
    after all, those snacks and coloring pencils always assist a child in siting still.... lol

There's just no excuse for that. Everyone knows that candy is an energy food!

I remember watching some old commercials "educating" parents on the value of giving candy to their kids as an energy boost. Lol. The times have changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit