Do You Believe In ANYTHING That The Witnesses Taught At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Like many others, I found out the hard way to trust nothing that lot ever said, or put into print.

Anything ever written by the WTS - unless corroborated from another source - I would automatically dismiss out of hand as being fictitious (or at the very best, misleading).

Bill.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Not much at all. I have worked hard trying to get all the lies out of my head. Everyday I learn more and more how much they lied to all of us.

• humbled
    humbled

I am not interested in any original teachings generated by the Jehovah's Witnesss Corporation.

The FDS inserts themselves between all believers and Christ, even requiring their "anointed" brothers (and sisters!) who are outside the FDS to follow their directives made in Bethel. Yet WT literature cites scripture that all anointed are supposed to "follow the Lamb wherever HE goes".

The FDS deny that holy spirit operates in the lives of others as it does in them, the TRUTH DISPENSERS. Nobody else may trust that God or Jesus allows holy spirit to operate on a common person as it does on the FDS committee. This single teaching of theirs effectively destroys, denies, ignores, degrades, ridicules, corrupts all the truth, freedom and unity that Jesus described and invited between his Father and between us humans.

The FDS Corporation or any other religious body that stands in for Jesus is "the disgusting thing standing in a holy place".

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes, I do believe. I believe that the Bible is God's word and that God exists. I was an Atheist before becoming a JW, and now I'm a Christian. Going from believing in nothing to believing in a Creator (and by that I'm not referring to 6 day literalism, or even 1000 year 'days'; strictly that God was the brains behind it all: I know that doesn't make sense if you consider He created tapeworms and ebola virus, but I don't have the answer to that) is HUGE. I have the JWs to thank for that...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Only where JW and atheist beliefs cross in the night.

Hell fire, the trinity, and immortality of the soul are the easy ones.

Do unto others is a good one, but JWs don't bother with that with their sick shunning policy.

• talesin
    talesin

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

I believe that absolutely! When I learned TTATT at age 17, it set me FREE! :D

xo

tal

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

I believe in the common sense, "good" values and virtues one should keep, although I don't believe in them because they are/were given by any god. Being honest and treating others with respect tends to almost always turn out to everyone's benefit and it's something I try to live by despite being and agnostic atheist. I still truly believe most R&F JW's are good people at heart that have been misled.

I can't say I agree with any of the defining core beliefs anymore however.

@Julia Orwell: I found your post quite interesting, as I don't recall ever encountering a former atheist who has turned Christian

• l p
    l p

OUTLAW - I love your posts...

No i dont believe a thing now...I initially did when i left...but i was questioning stuff that i knew wasn't right...over time i read not much, but a little and realised is all rubbish...

lp

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

no nothing! I do not believe in their interpretation of the bible, I do not blieve anything they stood for on education and keeping oneself seperate (for all the wrong reasons) I do not believe in their dress code, their hairstyles, their conditional love.

NO NADDA NOTHING

• Satanus
    Satanus

I believe the wt doctrine that jay hoovah isn't a trinity. But then, jay hoovah doesn't exist, anyway. So, how could he be a trinity, if he doesn't exist?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit