Do You Believe In ANYTHING That The Witnesses Taught At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For example, they pride themselves in what they DON'T believe such as immortal souls, the Trinity, hellfire, etc.

Some exjws still believe it is the "Truth" and support the basics.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Not really, I am very apathetic about religion and dogmas.

zed

• Fernando
    Fernando

Probably not, since everything they teach is framed by Antichrist apostate legalism, moralism and Nicaean ethnocentrism.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Yes! I think it's true that the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD. At least the WTS seems to have someting right in their chronology.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Impossible. Too much wrong in the past and they take too strong of a stance against opposition. Truth should stand up against scrutiny and they are too insecure to allow open honest discussion about their past. Reading "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" opened up a Pandora's box for me mentally. Many others would wake up if they read it also but they love keeping their head up their ass too much waiting for the shit the WT shovels into them to come passing thru so they can gobble it up.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Common sense stuff such as honour your parents, pay your taxes, nothing doctrinal.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

LOL I think I believe Jerusalem fell in 539 BC, as historians agree hahaa.

Alec

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Not a thing and I question the new world translation and all the other translations on that false history book called the bible.

Was you there Charlie?

• tec
    tec

If something they taught happens to coincide with something that my Lord teaches, then I do. There is not much that I can think of, and i do not know what all they teach to go and make a comparison (and why would I waste my time on something like that, lol?). No hell, for one.

Most religions have some semblence of truth in them, or they would not attract people searching for truth to begin with. Even if the most they do is reject some falsehoods that others teach. That can sound like truth too.

Peace,

tammy

• Pterist
    Pterist

***for example, they pride themselves in what they DON'T believe such as immortal souls, the Trinity, hellfire, etc. Some exjws still believe it is the "Truth" and support the basics.***

Dont forget, Russell got his insight on hell and no "inherent immortal soul" from the ADVENTIST movement. Personally I accept the ADVENTIST understanding on "soul sleep" and "conditional immortality" NOT inherent, but the WBTS even twist this issue.

The real issue is: ....Is trusting in WBTS doctrinal accuracy the way to overcome sin and death in our life NOW, rather than trusting solely and wholly in Jesus Christ who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. 1 John 5:9-13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit