Do You Believe In ANYTHING That The Witnesses Taught At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I believe their insistence on punctuality is a good thing. It still always surprises me when I go to what would be termed "worldy" venues or presentations, concerts, etc., that they almost never start on time!

• mouthy
    mouthy

The only thing I believe that they do too. God doesnt burn all that dont accept HIm in a burning everlasting fire
    Hell. I do believe under the earth is a Burning fire!!! that is seen when there is a vulcano.
    But MY GOD,Jesus,& the HOLY SPIRIT!!( YES THE TRINITY)BODY,SOUL & SPIRIT as I am!!Is a very loving GOD
    ....I think when we ALL die.NO matter what
    your religion teaches. We ALL stand before the GREAT JUDGE!!!! the Heavenly one!!!& HE knows us
    He knows whether we loved each other, even our enemies ,how we treated our neighbours, etc
    Then he would love to hear us say "Thank You Jesus for dying for me. " He then said we would live
    in paradise.... But it is OUR choice -if we say no I want nothing to with you> your father,& holy Spirit
    he allows you
    to be ashes to ashes. Otherwise if he let you in,it would be just like it is now,hatred,killings,etc.

You can now "rock" me the snow is going.

• minimus
    minimus

The Trinity makes no scriptural sense to me.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I believe in God. That's about all I have in common with JW.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well MIMI I believe we are made in Gods image. 3 in one! There is Father ( soul) Jesus ( we know folks saw the>( BODY)
    & the Teacher the HOLYSpirit, which I have also( not always a happy spirit in my way of acting )
    BODY SOUL & SPIRIT!!!!but your allowed to believe what you like .

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Trinity, or tri-unity makes sense from a Quantum mechanical/entanglement standpoint. The Father, the source of Holy Spirit, created the Son from his own self/essence. As humans we need the male and female to create life, not so with the Father because he is all things.

So the Son is the Father because they are entangled, yet they are individuals. We are all one since the Universe came from one source. We are all from the same first cause/Big Bang, call it what you want. We are all entangled. The Son made all things, perhaps from his own essence. That may be why we can be said to be one with him, and he can dwell in us and we come to the Father through him. We are made in God's image.

We have the power to create even though we do not realize it. It's the law of attraction. We alter our reality just by observing it. Our thoughts can actually change our reality.

As for the original question, I believe the truth in God's word. Witnesses may speak some truth. I don't give the WTBTS credit for teaching me anything. Any truths that I have found, and any real help that I received have come from the Holy Spirit making things clear to me. The WT likes to claim that no one could have learned via Holy Spirit without their help. So if you were stranded on an island and a crate with a Bible washed ashore, you would be screwed unless some Watchtowers washed ashore every week. That is what they teach. If deliberate, that amounts to apostasy.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

exjws who "support the basics" are still under the

delusion that the WT came up with original ideas

and "new doctrines" that were "not understood"by other

churches. This is the idea of SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE

that marks all cult believers ( scientologists, mormons )

exjws who still think the core beliefs are unique to

the watchtower, need to educate themselves on the teachings

of the Aventists in America in the nineteenth century.

Adventists and Miller in the mid and late nineteenth century

came up with every single one of the "doctrines" Russell preached.

Adventists, still do not believe in hell-fire, or soul immortality,

And they also believe in a thousand year earthly reign of Christ.

BEFORE Russelll Adventists were calling the Catholic Church

Babylon the Great . Dates, Plan of the Ages, Chronology,

of the WT were all borrowed from the Adventist movement.

Advent meaning the Second Coming of Christ.

And many Christian religions seperate Jesus from Jehovah.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Village Girl, !!!!!!

That is an awesome point! Anything that can be learned from the WT ( that is truly scriptural ) did not come from them. Perhaps that is a basic thing we should focus on with our families. Once the " special knowledge " belief is gone, the reasoning begins.

Peace,

DD

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

FROM DATA-DOG (above) -- "The Trinity, or tri-unity makes sense from a Quantum mechanical/entanglement standpoint. The Father, the source of Holy Spirit, created the Son from his own self/essence. As humans we need the male and female to create life, not so with the Father because he is all things.

So the Son is the Father because they are entangled, yet they are individuals. We are all one since the Universe came from one source. We are all from the same first cause/Big Bang, call it what you want. We are all entangled. The Son made all things, perhaps from his own essence. That may be why we can be said to be one with him, and he can dwell in us and we come to the Father through him. We are made in God's image.

We have the power to create even though we do not realize it. It's the law of attraction. We alter our reality just by observing it. Our thoughts can actually change our reality.

As for the original question, I believe the truth in God's word. Witnesses may speak some truth. I don't give the WTBTS credit for teaching me anything. Any truths that I have found, and any real help that I received have come from the Holy Spirit making things clear to me. The WT likes to claim that no one could have learned via Holy Spirit without their help. So if you were stranded on an island and a crate with a Bible washed ashore, you would be screwed unless some Watchtowers washed ashore every week. That is what they teach. If deliberate, that amounts to apostasy."

Data-Dog, I *LOVE* this! Very cool. Interesting thoughts. :)

• gutted
    gutted

Almost 3 years on since leaving mentally and I don't believe in anything from a doctrinal point of view. I respect the ideas of integrity, wholesomeness, being good to others that are taught in the Bible but not that it will lead me to some magical paradise.

Actually one important thing the witnesses taught me unintentionally was about human nature... people are people, even in some kind of sacred religion there were your pleasant people and your assholes. Taught me how to kiss *ss to rise in the ranks within a company and then by extension realize that I never want to do that so to be content with a certain position. There are a few more like that, thank you Watchtower Co.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit