Friends are studying with the JW's

by LouBelle 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Shunning

Blood

Cynical failure to protect children

Failed end-time predictions

A psychotic desire to see 6 billion men women and children slaughtered as soon as possible.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I also second Steves advise having thought about this more. Even though I was raised in it, ANY zeal to the contrary was immediately embraced as proof I was on the right track. We all like to think of ourselves as trailblazers even though none of us are.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OH! The MISQUOTES!

Since these friends are teachers, I would expect them to be appalled by intentional misquotes of references.

Additionally, they should really be shocked at the official stance on education.

Doc

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

We spent three hours discussing the TTATT. I went in with a very open mind and very careful not to just shout 'run for the hills'. I asked them to tell me what it is they wanted to talk about.

The one guy mentioned that there were a couple of flags, the other wanted to continue until baptism...we chatted about 1914, the generation, 1925, 1975, shunning, the UN, child abuse and so much more. I let them move in whatever direction they wanted and gave them open, honest answers. I kept saying this was my experience. I didn't come across angry or bitter at all. The three big things were the shunning doctrine, the UN, and child abuse. Another big thing was dumbing down of the people and that they all looked like carbon copies.

All in all I think it went very very well. We will be getting togther again and discuss some more.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Excellent. Sounds hopeful for them that they want to talk with you some more!

• mind blown
    mind blown

I find the Mediator and Covenant issues are good too.......

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Try the book Twisted Scriptures by Mary Alice Chrnaloger. It is very very informative to the whole process of how the WTS is able to indoctrinate ( and other "desciplers" as she calls them. ) How the group think is possible with peopel who are unaware they are being controlled to stop thinking critically.

The most important thing to get through is how they are being conditioned NOT to question. After that part is recognised the rest is going to take care of itself.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I have given the name of the books mentioned and have given them this link along with the silent lambs link - They are both going to be reading a lot more and we will be meeting up again - yay!!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Good for you, LouBelle.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit