The Bible---Have You Watched It On The History Channel?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

The History Channel is to history as Dr Pepper is to neurosurgery.

• Angharad
    Angharad

We watched half an espisode - reminded us of a bigger budget assembly drama, we were waiting for the cut away to a modern day bible study to show us the meaning and how the bible story should be applied to us today

• tec
    tec

You keep trying to make this about me making a spin, and i have not. If you had seen the program, then you should know what I was talking about. There is another thread on jwn about the program, and others have made the SAME comments as I have made about the samurai angel. So at the least you should understand the inaccuracy being spoken about, rather than accusing me of adding my own spin to the angel's appearance. That was your assumption.

So, for the second time... have you seen the program?

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

The History Channel is to history as Dr Pepper is to neurosurgery.

Is it?

I almost never watch it, so I don't know.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You keep trying to make this about me making a spin, and i have not.

I am not making anything about anything. I was responding to a comment you made with the obvious fact that you do the very thing you are complaining about. You are trying to defend how your spin is different from theirs when, in fact, it is the exact same thing. I can't help it if you are not doing a very good job showing how your made up stuff is different from theirs.

So, for the second time... have you seen the program?

Why does it matter?

• tec
    tec

the obvious fact

That would be an opinion, not a fact.

You are trying to defend how your spin is different from theirs

I am not. I stated my opinion as pertains to me... i do not like these shows due to the artistic license they take, and the spin that they place upon them, to the point of adding things that did not happen. Such as samurai jack.

Why does it matter?

A - because your issue on this thread is purely with me, and has nothing to do with the thread or the show.

B - because it is difficult to discuss a show and its accuracy with someone who has not even seen it. So i asked.

peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That would be an opinion, not a fact.

You funny when you making stuff up.

A - because your issue on this thread is purely with me, and has nothing to do with the thread or the show.

B - because it is difficult to discuss a show and its accuracy with someone who has not even seen it. So i asked.

My original post applied to many, not just you. Please do try to be accurate when making accusations. Inaccurate assertions like this are why my point about spin is an obvious fact andw not an opinion.

Thank you so very much for walking into that and proving my point. I have things to do now that my point has been so clearly illustrated. Have a lovely day.

• tec
    tec

You funny when you making stuff up.

Ditto.

My original post applied to many, not just you. Please do try to be accurate when making accusations. Inaccurate assertions like this are why my point about spin is an obvious fact andw not an opinion.

Yes, but it was in response to me.

(also your liar liar pants on fire applied to me alone... and in your own words, please do try to be accurate when making accusations)

Thank you so very much for walking into that and proving my point. I have things to do now that my point has been so clearly illustrated. Have a lovely day.

You had no point... except to take issue with me. You certainly expressed no opinion on the OP or the program itself.

But thank you, I will have a lovely day. You have one also.

Peace,

tammy

• Angharad
    Angharad

EP / TEC take it to PM

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

EP's approach to debating is similar to a drive-by shooting where he misses all his targets but speeds away with satisfaction thinking he's a bad-ass gangster.

Anyway, no. I have not seen the program.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit