The Bible---Have You Watched It On The History Channel?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Isn't it possible that God whispered in "THE BIBLE" writers' ears, "This is what actually happened." ?

The Bible certainly doesn't say there weren't samurai angels.

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks for your comments.

I do think that in any production, it happens that there are some embellishments.

No big deal unless`the majority of things simply were not accurate.

Swords or no swords isn't a big deal to me.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

OK the bunny is the best

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I just watched a small portion to see what the fuss was about. The production values are poor. These stories are powerful and multilayered. It should not be so simple.

• mP
    mP

tornapart:

I found it hard to accept Samson and his family as being black because the Israelites were all jews.

MP: Samson was an local solar god that god adopted into the bible. Samson means sun. Much of the story is filled with solar themes and devices.

• mP
    mP

jws

Did they show some of the stupider things like the tower of Babel and how God got "worried" about men and had to give them all different languages to stop the project. He couldn't just knock down the tower? He had to handicap them? And yet he doesn't mind the Petronas towers in Kuala Lampur today. I mean, really, could ancient man build something that tall? If God was worried about the tower of Babel, he's got to be shaking in his boots today.

MP:

YOu are confused because xians today have completely misundestood the story and assume that man must be trying to reach the heavens which as you have stated is nonsense. If you look at church art from the past you will notice the tower of babel was an astrological observatory to study the zodiac. The ancients felt the zodiac was part of the way the universe talked to them about the future and they tried to learn from it so they could know what god had installed for them. The point of the story is man was trying to be godlike by building an observatory to read the stars and gain knowledge of the future like god. God does not want them to have this power, because he will no longer be special and man wont need his priests to be a mediator between god who tells and controls the future and man who pays him gold and sacrifices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit