The Bible---Have You Watched It On The History Channel?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I must admit, I am a sucker for Bible movies. I do not get the History Channel on my cable service but I've heard good things about the series.

Have you seen it?

Are you interested in these types of programs.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

We watched the second part so far; I kind of like it, as far as action epics go. At least it's brutally honest about the level of cruelty "God's people" were part of, like when the spies go in and skillfully kill a bunch of guards at Jehrico before holding a knife to Rahab's family to get her to hide them. It doesn't try to glorify the Isrealite's killing, but just shows that killing was part of their everyday life, like it was for many people back then.

• quincy_aka_quentin
    quincy_aka_quentin

History Channel's "Vikings" is superior in it's story line, found "The Bible" to be flat with more left out than in.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

We've been watching the series so far. There still are some embellishments to the story, but, over all it wasn't bad.

• minimus
    minimus

what embellishments?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I didn`t like it..

Samson looks like he`s one KFC Bucket away from a Heart Attack..

They must have ate good in prison back then..

The Pillars Samson(Slobson) had to knock over were so far away from each other..

He had to run back and forth to hit them..Like a PinBall game..

Ping!-Ping!-Ping!..

The pillars looked cheap and unconvincing as did the entire movie set,for that scene..

On a Scale of 1 to 10..

I give it a Bunny with a Pancake on it`s Head..

.................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

me to.....o!..... hated.... it

• tec
    tec

I also do not like it. For the embellishments, the artistic 'license', even the inaccuracy. They left a lot out, and they added their own spin to what they put in, and they even changed things. (like with Moses and when he first fled egypt; and of course the 'samurai' angel in Sodom)

It misrepresents and that... bothers... me. Fleeing from the 'voice of a stranger' and all.

Peace,

tammy

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

The story line can't help but be good, but the acting is poor as is the casting. Certainly not a Charleston Heston flim! "The Greatest Story Every Told" and "Ben Herr" will never get old. Acting and casting is superb!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

They left a lot out, and they added their own spin to what they put in, and they even changed things.

It misrepresents and that... bothers... me.

That's rich, seeing as how that's exactly what everyone who interprets the Bible does, you included.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit