Todays Watchtower Study ---------------------- Give Me A Break

by BlindersOff1 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• piztjw
    piztjw

"I guess they will next label all the smart phones, Ipads, etc as luxuries and guess what- the JWs who have these should have donated the money to WT for the worldwide work-"

Well wait for it, because here it comes... next week the technology BAD, ignorance GOOD lesson comes out. Sheesh!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I dont' see what the fuss is about.. My wife loves having to work just so we can afford insurance. I am sure when I can no longer physically work, the GB will pay my medical bills.

True story: A visitor at our KH today made a special comment. She said " We do have to balance our schedules. I am a college student, and I make sure to balance all my spiritual activities with 2 jobs and service during the week. Jehovah helps me keep my schedule. You could hear people crapping their pants!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hmmmm....I usually wait for Blondie (such a jewel) to give her rendition of the WT study before commenting.

I found the section re. dealing with DF ones hard to deal with. There are many that have children that have aged and never got baptized that have no issue in associating with such ones. But, if someone DA themselves because they feell they can't live with the rules, are banished, and you can't enjoy a simple meal in a restaurant with them. It's all about being loyal to the ORG, not Jehovah but the ORG. The bible doesn't have anything written about it. The Soc is trying to eliminate the "Necessary family Buisness" from there publications as if they are there

This texting and email thing is just another way that the soc is waging war against those associating with family that are DF'd.

• steve2
    steve2

The Watchtower's fabricated story is iced comfort for the untold number of JW couples who are near retirement age, if not actually retired, who can barely exist and have to think twice before purchasing even the "necessities" of life. All because they were told to put "kingdom" interests first! Sadly, they were sucked in big time.

Where are the judgemental JWs in their congregation in these situations?

Seldom, if ever, being of practical help to them.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Good point QB.

I do not believe that there is anything wrong with some parts of the article. Leading a balanced life, don't neglect you family, ect.. When the rank&file hear Jehovah, it means WTBT$. Loyalty to the Org is all that matters. So many turn off natural feelings for their family to serve the WTBT$. Talk about " having no natural affection." I will take my chances showing natural affection for other people.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Omg! What a pathetic attempt at whatever ... Please.... bringing luxuries like what??? Organic milk, perhaps a juicer to start juicing and live healthier, oh yes what a waste of money, Armageddon is around the corner and they will be perfect soon .... Like in yesterday, really very soon.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLINDERS OFF:

So, we are all supposed to believe an actual person said these words about not wanting money but rather being "spiritual"? Give me a break is right!

Sorry, but I don't buy it and I never believed these anecdotal stories.

STEVE2:

I know what you mean about being glad we are free from this childish emotional blackmail. I never met a more jealous, small-minded bunch of people in my life!

It makes me cringe to think how DAMAGED I would be if I followed the advice of jealous people there and quit my decent job to pursue poverty in order to be seen as more "spiritual". I want to forget I ever met these people.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Thanks Blinders off/Cedars!

What kind of twisted logic leads someone to think that a suicide attempt somehow correlates to a college education?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    we're known as the family that has a lot of money rather than as the family that encourages others in spiritual pursuits

Then the Dad is either an elder or soon will be!

The ultimate in desiring luxury being the GB. See how the attitude filters from the top down.

Is this another 'Andre' quote?

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I think so, it must have been André...they just didn't publish his name this time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit